Auto-h-encore: Automate (most of) h-encore hack installation on your PS Vita
People have had a few issues with the installation process however, which by default requires no less than 12 steps, some of which are a bit confusing to noobs (yeah, I’m talking about you). Seriously though, installing h-encore can get quite confusing.
Thankfully, multiple developers are coming to the rescue by providing tools to help automate some of the process involved in installing h-encore.
One of these tools is auto-h-encore by developer noahc3. The tool, which is for windows only, sits at version 0.2.2 at the time of this writing (will multiple updates a day, it seems!) and will automate the following steps (from the Readme):
This application does everything short of installing QCMA/integrating libVitaMTP. That means:
- Automatically downloads required tools (psvimgtools, pkg2zip, bittersmile demo and h-encore itself)
- Allows user to import necessary files if they’ve already downloaded them (optional)
- Grabs CMA encryption key from your account ID
- Unpackages bittersmile and repackages it with your encryption key and h-encore
- Trims excess bittersmile demo files to reduce h-encore filesize from ~240MB to ~17MB (optional)
- Moves finished files to your QCMA directory for copying to your PS Vita
This application does not:
- Get your AID automatically
- Send h-encore to your PS Vita
Basically, you still need QCMA.
Multiple automation tools for h-encore have been made available by now, so pick the one you like (and feel free to mention them in the comments below!). But auto-h-encore is one potential option that seems to get most of the job done, with a nice GUI.
You can download auto-h-encore from the developer’s github here. Installation and usage instructions can be found in the Readme, as well as in the tool’s GUI itself.