Adrenaline 6.4 released: Fast-forwarding in PS1 games and FW 3.67/3.68-oriented bug fix for the imminent hack!
In the midst of tomorrow’s FW 3.65-3.68 hack, TheFlow has also found time to update Adrenaline, an ePSP hack on steroids. Adrenaline 6.4 brings about a fix mostly targeted towards FW 3.67 and 3.68 users and a nifty little feature relating to PSX games.
What is Adrenaline?
Adrenaline is TheFlow’s famous ePSP hack for HENkaku-enabled devices (i.e hacked PSVita/PSTV consoles). It currently supports FW 3.60 to 3.68 so from tomorrow, you’ll be able to use Adrenaline on FW 3.65-3.68 devices! This great ePSP hack has the following features:
- Support for PS1 and PSP games, even supporting compressed PSP titles in CSO and other formats.
- Save states which make your gaming experience less frustrating at times!
- A variety of screen filters to make games look better
- PSP plugin and homebrew support including 64MB RAM available for more complex homebrew
- Many other features such as the complete XMB experience and right analogue stick support (either via Sony’s official settings OR the Camera Patch Lite plugin)
What got added/updated in Adrenaline 6.4?
Adrenaline 6.4 brings about the following:
- The ability to fast forward PS1 games by pressing the L-Trigger and SELECT at the same time. The fast forwarding ability speeds up the game until you press that button combination again.
- This is very useful for games that have long cutscenes which can’t be skipped or dialogue scenes that drag on forever! I personally tested this in Chrono Cross, an splendid RPG that you should surely play, and it works as intended.
- The double launch bug was fixed for non-HENkaku Enso users. To get around launching Adrenaline twice after every reboot, you need to add “ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx” in the *KERNEL section of your taiHEN configuration file after installing Adrenaline.
- Quite obviously, this bug fix is mostly directed at FW 3.67 and 3.68 users since those firmwares can’t use HENkaku Enso as Sony fixed the bug that was being used.
As always, it’s recommended you upgrade to Adrenaline 6.4 especially if you play PS1 games on your PSVita/PSTV. Like previous releases, you need to install the VPK linked below via VitaShell. Furthermore, you must have your official FW 6.61 PBP file handy and placed in ux0:/app/PSPEMUCFW after installing the VPK.
To get Adrenaline 6.4, simply follow the link below. If you encounter any issues report them to TheFlow on GitHub in a civil way and do as TheFlow recently tweeted and stop asking him questions [relating to his imminent hack]!
Adrenaline 6.4 GitHub page (download link + changelog): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/latest
TheFlow’s Twitter (latest updates): https://twitter.com/theflow0