TheFlow to release his PSVita/PSTV FW 3.65-3.68 hack on July 1, 2018! – The September ETA is no more so get ready to hack your PSVita/PSTV
UPDATE: TheFlow has stated that the hack WON’T REQUIRE a Vita memory card on a Vita Slim/PSTV and that the entry point is not WebKit! Freakler found the entry point while TheFlow exploited it!
Quite evidently, TheFlow loves giving ETAs only to scrap them for an earlier date a little later… Now, he’s done it again and named July 1 as the definite release date of his upcoming FW 3.65-3.68 hack!
What do we know?
Around two hours ago (as of this article), TheFlow tweeted out that the release date for his upcoming hack for FW 3.65 to 3.68 will be released in 15 days which means it’ll be the first of July! This hack will allow you to run HENkaku (taiHEN) on a PSVita or PSTV console running a firmware higher than 3.60.
The hack will also allow you to run HENkaku Ensō if your PSVita is on firmware 3.65 so that you can have untethered HENkaku (i.e you won’t have to reapply it every reboot).
Other than stating the release date, he’s also revealed that his upcoming hack will require you to have an official Vita Memory Card. This means that you still need to have a memory card even if you have a PSTV or Slim PSVita (2K models) which have 1GB internal storage available to the end-user.
Obviously, this hack will allow you to run games that need a higher FW and run homebrew/plugins on the aforementioned firmwares.
What should you do now?
Right now, there isn’t anything available BUT TheFlow has always kept his word when it comes to releases. If you’re unsure which firmware version to be on, follow this:
- If your PSVita is on firmware below 3.60, you can update to firmware 3.60 right now and use HENkaku through there.
- Those who are currently on FW 3.60 should stay there or they could use TheFlow’s CFW Updater to update their device to FW 3.65 while still retaining their hack!
- If you’re on FW 3.61 or 3.63, it is safe to update to firmware 3.65 NOT firmware 3.67 or 3.68. This is because these firmwares have patched the bug that make HENkaku Ensō (the untether) work so you’ll have to reapply the hack every reboot.
- If your device is on FW 3.65, stay there.
- For those pondering on whether to stay on FW 3.67 or update to FW 3.68, TheFlow has stated that there isn’t much of a difference between the two so you can do what you please. The upcoming hack will support both FW 3.67 and 3.68!
Before updating to a higher firmware if you’re on FW 3.60, remember that some homebrew/plugins may no longer work as intended on higher firmwares! Games requiring FW 3.67/3.68 will most likely have their EBOOT decrypted so you can still play them on FW 3.60 BUT this may still be considered piracy even if own the game itself!
Now, all you have to do is wait a little bit until TheFlow releases his hack and then you’ll be able to hack your PSTV/PSVita running FW 3.61+! As always, remember not to bother him by asking for ETAs and to follow him on Twitter if you want to get the news as quickly as possible.
TheFlow’s Twitter (further information): https://twitter.com/theflow0
TheFlow’s donation link (it’s in the README itself. Yes, the email has the word Cinderella in it but TheFlow has confirmed that it’s legitimate 🙂): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/blob/master/readme.md
Thanks for the heads-up Chris Hass