PS4 5.05 hack: Homebrew SDK status

1. God says:

I thought they were building tools before they released the exploit. They essentially did the same as the last release (left it for pirates). I was sure they didn’t want that.

2. Sypke1 says:

Good news! Can ‘t wait for testing it on my 5.05 pro

3. ModChipGuy says:

What first?!?!?

4. Person with a name says:

Nice write-up.

5. Mark says:

i was in the psp scene since 2011 and in the vita scene since 2017, and now since 3 months in the ps4 scene…
    i cant help but feel that the ps4 scene is by far the worst of them all… especially compared to the psp Days…

am i the only one who thinks that way or not?
    (ps. sorry for my terrible english)

6. ViP says:

O boy O boy , this is not good , if there is any full access to online psn or last frimware im ready to pay for my personal uses 🙂

7. Chris says:

Debating if I stay on 4.55 for now or update to 5.05 (?)

What do you guys think?

8. Bobinette says:

None ps4 owner here, I’d like to know if theres a way to install game updates/patches (like to get 4k support) on fake pkg dump? If not, I won’t bother to get a pro. Thx

• simonizer says:

Yes, it’s possible: Install disc version – install patch – dump game/patch – make fake pkg for game/patch. But you can only install dumped patches. You can’t install an official patch over a dumped game.

9. Derjyn says:

You forgot about the ability to package projects developed with Unreal Engine.

10. Lollypop says:

Compile me a Linux payload that boot a x64 linuxinstallcd
    Plz

1. June 25, 2018

[…] it was already possible to create Homebrew for 5.05, but not with open tools so far.(here’s a full explanation on the various PS4 SDKs and why I think this one is our best bet right […]