Heads up. God of War PS4 Pro Limited Edition ships with firmware 4.73. (Affiliate link)

Switch: Are Nintendo really banning hack enthusiasts?

1. a7mag3ddon says:

Perhaps if they hadn’t of been shouting off on Twitter they wouldn’t have been BANNED, I use my console online and regularly use pFBA and Outrun using the joycon hack and I’m not banned. But then I didn’t boast about it all over the place.

• Stevorkz says:

Perhaps read articles before commenting? These guys tinker and crash their devices all the time mostly intentionally, with intent to hack and learn about the inner workings. One of these crashes must have contained info that helped Nintendo come to a conclusion that the device had been tampered with. This has nothing to do with twitter.

• Begbie says:

You do realise that Nintendo only banned them based from from the crash reports, not from reading Twitter… How would Nintendo know which Switch is SciresM’s? Lol…

• Albert C says:

Showing off on Twitter means NOTHING! There would be no correlation between them gloating on Twitter to them getting banned……c’mon now! Getting a ban can happen at ANY time you’d least expect it. It only happened to them, because it already states that they were tinkerers of their system and probably raised a few red flags to that outcome. Showing off on social media means nothing to getting a console ban.

• Unreal__ says:

Your posts make me cringe for you. Go learn something.

• Spaarks says:

I agree. Its been a race which hacker group does it first. Of course social media plays a big role there. I wouldnt worrie too much on end user side though since we only hack our consoles once ^^ not 10 – 20 times depenting on testing of course. lol

2. graphicsdriver says:

Nintendo is just delaying the inevitable. Once the switch gets fully cracked and able to run games from ISOs, there will be zero reasons to ever use their online services.

3. Albert C says:

Dump your NAND people, this will only help in the future.

• Cypherous says:

Dumping your NAND isn’t really going to help at all, your console ID will remain the same and its unlikely that you can restore a NAND backup from one console on to another due to things like the per console key, while a backup will be helpful, it won’t help in cases like this

4. pottsork21 says:

I was extreamly lucky to find a switch at my local mediamarkt that was a release unit, it came with version 1.0.0 so
    I deleted all of my hacked files from my 4.1.0 main switch before update it to the 5.0.2. Im now playing hyrule wariors on one and pokemon emerald on the other

5. Herr.Fuchs says:

” Hadn’t of ….” What does that mean, it makes no sense. And I bet your English is native..
    Also, just to point out. You are exactly doing what you at critiquing – blabing about hacking exploits on a public forum.
    At least you didn’t write “First” as well.
    Have a good day

6. SomeDoofus says:

Too bad they can’t ban Nintendo fanboyism. That would rock!

7. Thrawn says:

Actually it does not really matter if Nintendo bans users who tehtered their devices, because in some months ninty will launch their paid online service.
    So ninty is shooting themselves in their foot, its redundant to ban hacked consoles. A hacker/pirate would never use the PAID online service (only some cod kiddos do that, pirate the game to play online and cheat, getting caught in the process).
    And with this ban, you’re only banned from playing online, not from accessing the eshop to download and install ***.
    I solely bought a switch for hacking (pirating) reasons, I can care less about that ban.

1. June 19, 2018

[…] Sometimes, the ban might be because of “suspicious” activity on Nintendo’s servers, not related to piracy. This is probably what happened to a handful of Switch hackers earlier this year. […]

2. June 20, 2018

[…] are some signs Nintendo is already rolling out these system- and account-level bans for users it detects […]

3. June 20, 2018

[…] Enlarge / This is the message you can expect to get when trying to log in to Nintendo’s network to play pirated software. (credit: Wololo) […]

4. June 21, 2018