Installer 5 Revealed: A Cydia alternative alternative that could potentially reboot the iOS jailbreaking scene!

Aurora

1. Cliff says:

First!

2. FFTW says:

sounds great,although i always felt installing from PC using Itools was the best option for games. never cared much for apps.

3. Darkshin0b1 says:

Sweet. Seems like Saurik been in his bag for while now. Glad for this alternative.

4. - says:

I’m going to buy my way into a jail just so I can try to get out.

5. frank says:

Before peeps get excited remember it’s just a package manager and there have been several introduced before and after Cydia. I’m not saying this won’t be successful but a package manager alone does not make a community alone for jailbreak users. iOS and Android have evolved to a point where most users are happy with stock features alone. If nothing else, the jailbreak community has helped evolved idevices to much better devices. We are a dying breed and let’s hope apple continues to make our experience better

6. Thetechdoc says:

Man we had an alternative once, remember rockbox? That was (for it’s time) the equivalent of what installer 5 is going to be, but then Cydia bought them out,

I’m glad their is another option but I wonder if Cydia will just buy them out again

7. Ziggy says:

will support every jailbroken iDevice running iOS 8-11.1.2 .
    Nothing new then =(.

8. Darth Agnon says:

I’m still on iOS 7.1.2 – guess it’s useless for me, when I jailbreak one of these days. Unlikely I’m gonna leave 7.1.2, due to software bloat causing OS lag.

9. Reiza says:

I m with my iOS 9.3.3 Jb, but I see with the lastest iOS 11 the Jb is not quite stable, no Cydia Substrate. So I hope these guys can do something about It

10. Steve says:

This is awesome! It addresses all issues I have had with Cydia. Thanks for the article and anyone who wrote First, kill yourself!