PS4: Qwertyoruiop shares some details on the 5.05 kernel exploit

1. Dvdxploitr says:

Why do people use the term “soon” on here for release dates? I know they don’t want to give exact release dates in case they miss it for some reason or another but “soon” has become more of a meme than anything…

• Jack Attack says:

Soon rarely goes beyond a month unless something major and unforeseen happens. So, it seems perfectly fine to use it when it’s mostly accurate.

It’s either soon or later because it’s people leaking information before the devs are ready to talk about since most would rather wait until they’re actually ready to release. So, a leak happens and then they have to respond.

• kevin says:

Because they actually have to develop the exploits in their own time for free, they aren’t inclined to give themselves a deadline publicly.

2. RazorX says:

there’s no reason not to update to 5.05 now then right, especially if you want to be able to play the new god of war?

• spok says:

currently i will not even buy a PS4 until this “JB” is out along with proofs and list of “jailbreakable” PS4 barcodes and not just bundles…

3. Spurdo says:

Would a 5.05 exploit work as well on a system running 5.07?
    I got my PS4 a few days ago, and I’m interested in Jailbreaking it, however, I’ve searched up the 5.07 version, but I can’t seem to find any info on it. So would a 5.05 exploit be compatible with a 5.07 system?

4. Spurdo says:

Would a 5.05 exploit work as well on a system running 5.07?

• xeno says:

No you need to be <- 5.05 for the exploit

• Spurdo says:

Darn. Would a downgrade from 5.07 to 5.05 be possible? I’ve read that downgrades from 5.55 to 4.55 are impossible, but since 5.07 is some weird test version, would a downgrade be possible?

(woops, i posted the same comment twice)

• zzhead says:

I think not. But with a little luck 5.07 will be exploitable just as 5.05 it’s very unlikely sony patched the yet unreleased exploit in 5.07 since they did not know about it at all, probably.

• Spurdo says:

Probably, I don’t think anyone is actively working on a 5.07 exploit though, since the version is rare and unheard of. Hopefully a 5.05 exploit could work just as well, considering the fact that a 5.07 system ain’t that far off from 5.05.

5. Idiotaaa says:

I hear ticking time

6. Nosferatu says:

I have 2 ps4 and one of them is on 5.05 i will update it because i don’t play too much right now and i prefer use one on my house and the other one in my girlfriend’s house