Are you guaranteed to get a PS4 with firmware 5.05 or lower if you buy it now?

1. Ciulpkit bybius kurvos says:

Got last ps4 fat from my local store. Guaranteed low firmware. 3.15. Yuppy!

2. Tiger says:

I have the original ps4 on 1.40 of anyone is interested never used just opened to inspect. I recommend for devs to buy this not so much for average ussrs. Only sell locally too.

3. CremeBrulee says:

I got ps4 pro 7116b glacier white with 5.53 fw. 🙁 I hope other people having better luck than me. All i wanted is console that could play not only ps4 games but emulators also. I wish Mathieulh release 5.53 exploit some day. He did awesome job in psp scene, he basically saved my psp because of pandora. Good luck to everyone finding the right console. If money isn’t a problem, consider buying a bundle. 🙂

4. Lollypop says:

2questions ??
    Do we get a psvita recovery sprx ?
    Do we get a ps4 recovery skprx ?
    What about psp popstation and future consoles ?
    Do we get cxbx Xenia rpcs3 for Xbox and xbox360 and ps3 onto the ps4 payload or ps4 Mira cfw ???

5. Lollypop says:

That would-be
    Cxbxps4
    Xeniaps4
    Rpcs3ps4
    Recoveryps4
    Recoverypsvita

6. RyoX says:

i bought a ps4 pro cuh-7116 back in December, still in box and on 4.73.

7. Jack Attack says:

Seems like the BFII bundles will finally sell out now.

8. RazorX says:

i need to try to find the software and recovery pup for 5.05 so i can update my ps4 from 5.01 when this comes out

9. Finalman says:

Purchased 2 pros within the last month. Both CUH-7102 Australian models. Both Date code 8A. One on firmware 4.73 and the other 5.03.

• brett says:

did you buy them from jb hifi ? I am aussie as well and the model they have is cuh-7102bb01

what serial number is yours ?

thanks mate

10. Axido says:

Already bought a Pro when the 4.55 kexploit came out and went online with it. I guess with Mira Project this time around PS4 Remote Play will finally be coming to unactivated consoles, but if not I’m fine. That’s all I personally care for.

11. REYMON says:

FISRT!! SRT!!!

12. ZeroFX says:

Mine is 4.73 🙂

13. ryuu says:

Are the new PS4’s with new firmware have new boxes?, a PS4 PRO with a light blue box came with 3.50 and a PS4 PRO with a dark blue box and gold 4K HDR logo came with 4.70, maybe the new design on the box will help differentiating the PS4’s?

14. 5serop says:

Anyone has bought Fifa bundle? With what firmware they come??

• cOcO says:

Bought 2 on october last year from amazon uk, Sony PS4 500 GB FIFA 18 Bundle with FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Icons and Rare Player Pack, and both came with fw 4.73 or 4.78, can’t exactly remember. Definitely good to go though

15. TheStrizler says:

The morning the 5.05 FW jailbreak/homebrew was announced I went to GameStop to pickup a PS4 Pro. I ended up pulling the trigger on a CUH-7115B Glacier White. While I was looking over the packaging, I noticed GameStop has a sticker which basically has a bar code and calls out a few things “PlayStation 4 (1TB) Pro White”, “NEW”, “(2) 161789”, some Power Up member things and a date of “03/05/18”.

My question is, has anyone tried to figure out dates on labels from retailers like GameStop?

I haven’t opened the box yet, waiting on the official 5.05 release and $400 for a dice roll for a 5.05 OFW PS4 is a little too rich for my blood. I know there are a lot of questions pertaining to is my device going to be 5.05, but I am looking for a resource I haven’t been able to find.

• Charles Fasano says:

The date on the label is when that label was printed. Gamestop doesn’t generally print out labels before the item is in the store so it would be my guess that they got it somewhere around March 5th 2018 if it was bought in the US. Also look at the seal and see if it looks like it was resealed. I’ve bought consoles from GameStop that had a broken seal under a fresh seal.

16. A7mag3ddon says:

Top Tip : buy second hand so you can check the firmware first.

17. Joe says:

I can confirm that PS4 Pro GoW edition comes with fw 4.73

18. Seglong says:

I’m from indo and yes ps4 pro god of war bundle with base fw 4.73

19. Adam says:

Purchased PS4 Pro today in Sweden, with firmware 4.73.
    What is the next step ? Should i update to firmware 5.05 ?

• Jack Attack says:

Just relax until something is actually released. No need to be prepared yet beyond just having the lowest firmware you can get.

20. n0er says:

if you have a broken blu-ray good luck getting to 5.xx

21. Eli says:

Got a pro at target has 4.70 the employee said it was a God of war bundle
    It was not so the manager gave me 10% off. I got it for $359.99
    Great buy!!!!!

22. Wroxtar says:

I purchased a ps4 pro from a local dealer which is on 4.70. Am I good to go? Does this SpecterDev tweet regarding 5.05 has anything to be happy about for me.

23. weirdguy says:

got a PS4 pro Destiny 2 pro bundle 4.50

24. Your Mom says:

Just bought a PS4 Slim about a week ago in California with FW 5.07. Been trying to fire out what this is. Anyway to dump it?

1. May 18, 2018

[…] people have reported getting firmware 5.07 or 5.50 when buying a PS4 Slim or PS4 pro “as is” (not part of a distinctive bundle). You might want to try your luck, but as […]

2. May 19, 2018

[…] people have reported getting firmware 5.07 or 5.50 when buying a PS4 Slim or PS4 pro “as is” (not part of a distinctive bundle). You might want to try your luck, but as time goes […]

3. May 19, 2018