Cemu (Wii U emulator) 1.12.0 released to the public – Native WiiMote Support, UI Improvements, Faster Loading Times, Friend List Support and More!
Contrary to most other emulators, Cemu is not open-source and updates are first released for Patreon supporters. While that may sound like a restrictive release policy, the folks at Cemu still want everybody to enjoy their software so they release their updates a week later for the general public!
What is Cemu?
Cemu is a Wii U emulator that, thanks to massive financial backing by the community and a team of talented developers, is
miles ahead of DeCaf which is the other Wii U emulator currently available. Unlike DeCaf, Cemu is closed source but it’s still free so it is available to the usual emulator user.
Development on Cemu started back in 2015 by Exzap and the first version was released in October 2015, not even a mere 3 years after the release of the Wii U! Through thousands of hours of work on the emulator, some titles can be played perfectly or close to perfectly. Titles that run perfectly or pretty well include:
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- Mario Kart 8
- Star Fox Zero and many others!
What does Cemu 1.12 bring along?
Cemu 1.12 brings along the following great features:
- Native WiiMote support so you can easily start playing titles that use it such as Pikmin 3 and Nintendo Land!
- The emulator’s User Interface has also been updated with the addition of an improved game list with game icons and last time played/total time played columns.
- Other UI improvements include the ability to navigate the game list with the arrow keys, proper list sorting and the ability to jump to a specific game by starting to type its name!
- Wii U Friend List support is now in Cemu and that also includes the actual ‘Friends List’ application working inside the emulator!
- Loading times, especially when you have many graphics packs installed, have been improved.
- Many bugs have been fixed both in the core itself and the GUI.
According to some compatibility tests, Cemu 1.12 improves the situation of the Bayonetta 2 which now loads further and doesn’t crash when fighting a Golem. More user tests will probably be available later on!
To get Cemu 1.12, simply follow the link below and download the zip file for Cemu 1.12.0d which is the latest version. Cemu is only available for Windows 7 or newer so Linux/Mac users are out of luck for now!
If you encounter issues with games, you can report them to their compatibility tracker below!
Cemu 1.12 download link: http://cemu.info/index.html#download
Update changelog (+ video showing off new features): http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/Release_1.12.0
Cemu’s Patreon (donating is not obligatory since you can still enjoy new versions of the emulator a week after release but it’s still a nice thing to do if you use this emulator!): https://www.patreon.com/cemu
Cemu Compatibility Tracker: http://compat.cemu.info/