PSVita Zelda Port Update Rampage: ZeldaOLB/ROTH/3T/NSQ all updated, some with VitaGL and ImGui!
Last Sunday, Rinnegatamante decided to update ZeldaOLB, the fan-made Zelda game that he ported to the PSVita. Then, as if like falling dominoes, usineur updated ZeldaROTH,Zelda3T and ZeldaNSQ with even bigger updates!
What are ZeldaOLB/ROTH/3T/NSQ?
These games are all fan-made Zelda games made by Vincent Jouillat, a Frenchman who has a real liking for the Zelda series! By using the work of Vincent Jouillat, nop90 ported the games to the 3DS and added some fixes and small touches to make the games function better.
On the PSVita, ZeldaOLB was ported by Rinnegatamante and the other mentioned games were ported by usineur, a Vita porting veteran.
All the games are fully free and the data files can be easily found on the internet. If you’re a Zelda fan, you should surely check these out since they are pretty faithful to the SNES/GBA Zelda games in how they look and feel!
What got updated in this update rampage?
ZeldaOLB got the following updates:
- A GPU crash bug and several memory leaks were fixed.
- Link can now be controlled with the left analogue stick.
- The version number got incremented to v1.1.
Zelda ROTH, Zelda NSQ and Zelda 3T got more substantial updates with:
- An update to SDL 1.2 with VitaGL as the rendering backend.
- ImGui has been added. Now, these games have a nice way how you can change settings, such as which shader is used and vflux settings, and how you can monitor FPS. To control the GUI, you have to use the touchscreen so it won’t interfere with the game itself as you use the face buttons + analogue sticks to control the actual game.
- Zelda ROTH has been updated to v1.2, Zelda 3T to v1.2 and Zelda NSQ to v1.1.
As you can see, these are pretty decent updates which will make your experience better! Quite ironically, the game that Rinnegatamante ported didn’t get an update with his own features, namely VitaGL and ImGui!
To get these games, open VHBB and get them from there as they’re available on VitaDB. Their data files will also be automatically installed if you get them from there as they’re integrated into the VPK itself!
Otherwise, you can download the VPK and install it on your own from VitaShell.
If you have any issues, report them on the Wololo /talk or GitHub links below to their respective author.
ZeldaOLB Wololo /talk thread (more info + download link): http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48186&start=10#p422312
ZeldaROTH GitHub page: https://github.com/usineur/ZeldaROTH/releases/latest
Zelda3T GitHub page: https://github.com/usineur/Zelda3T/releases/latest
ZeldaNSQ GitHub page: https://github.com/usineur/ZeldaNSQ/releases/latest
Rinnegatamante’s Patreon (so you can donate him a buck!): https://www.patreon.com/Rinnegatamante
Rinnegatamante’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante
Usineur’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/usineur0