NXLoader released: Run Fusée Gelée (RCM) payloads on your Switch from your Android device!
With the Nintendo Switch being blown wide open last week, some hackers decided that they didn’t want to always be near a PC when they wanted to run Fusée Gelée hacks on their device. Due to this, NXLoader has been released which allows you to send the payload over from your Android phone/tablet!
What is NXLoader?
NXLoader is a launcher for Fusée Gelée exploits by David Buchanan for your Android phone that doesn’t even need root! In other words, running hacks on your Switch no longer needs a computer thanks to USB-OTG and this piece of software.
As opposed to the web launcher, this doesn’t need an internet connection so it’s a step-up from the web-based launcher which also works on Android.
Currently, NXLoader can only launch Fusée Gelée payload files on your Switch, such as the famous fusee.bin that you’ve been seeing all over the internet. This is still an early release but the developer is planning to add the following in future releases:
- Support for Linux so you won’t need a PC to kickstart your favourite Linux distro on the Switch! – This, coupled with the various emulators available for Linux can make your Switch the ultimate portable console for retro gaming, taking the crown from the PSVita!
- A better UI and user experience.
- Code improvements so that it’s less hacky.
What do I need to use it? How do I use it?
To use NXLoader, you need the following:
- A Nintendo Switch (duh)
- A USB-OTG cable for your phone (your phone’s charging port to full USB-A) and a USB-C cable to connect your smartphone/tablet to the Switch.
- An Android device that’s not ancient as it requires a phone that has a XHCI USB chipset. For example, a Nexus 5, a smartphone from 2013, has XHCI support so as long as your device isn’t too old, you should be fine!
To actually use it, these are the instructions:
- Launch the application
- Plug in your Switch via USB OTG and the aforementioned USB-C cable
- Put your Switch into RCM mode (have fun shorting your right joy-con rail!)
- Once your Switch is in RCM mode, allow the app to access USB devices and witness the sorcery take place!
- Have fun hacking your Switch!
To get NXLoader, simply follow the link below and get the APK (obviously, you need unknown sources to be allowed on your Android device). If you have any issues, report them on the GitHub link below and remember, the developer isn’t responsible if you mess up your Switch!
Download Link: https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader/releases/latest
The readme (which you should really check out): https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader/blob/master/README.md
David’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/David3141593