Adrenaline-6.3 released: Improved Adrenaline menu, ability to change screen size in PSP/PSX modes and more!
It seems that TheFlow feels like working on Adrenaline since we got 2 updates in about a single day! This time around, Adrenaline has been updated to version 6.3, a minor update with small features that you might find worthwhile!
What is Adrenaline?
Adrenaline is an ePSP hack for PSVita/PSTV consoles that run HENkaku/taiHEN, that is for hacked FW 3.60 and FW 3.65 (the hack for 3.65 can only run if you updated via TheFlow’s CFW updater from FW 3.60) consoles.
This ePSP hack not only allows you to play PSP games but it also has the following great features:
- Support for PSP/PSX games and homebrew. Compressed PSP games, in file formats such as CSO, are also supported.
- Screen filter support, both for a better image (filters like Advanced AA) and to reduce eyestrain (f.lux filters by Rinnegatamante).
- Ability to run homebrew that needs 64MB of RAM.
- Support for plugins
- Other great features like save states, the classic VSH menu and much more!
What does Adrenaline-6.3 bring along?
Adrenaline-6.3 brings about the following:
- The Adrenaline menu has been improved and now has an option to reset Adrenaline’s settings.
- The ‘Screen Mode’ and ‘Screen Size’ options were removed. In their place, we now separate have Screen Scaling options for PSX and PSP games. I personally think there should be some defaults that stick to specific aspect ratios rather than giving the user too much choice.
As you can see, this release has some minor features that could somewhat improve your experience especially if you play both PSP and PSX titles on your PSVita.
Furthermore, updating Adrenaline has become a simpler affair. To update Adrenaline, extract the VPK from the link below and copy the ‘sce_module’ folder to ux0:/app/PSPEMUCFW and replace all files when prompted to do so. Obviously, you need to have Adrenaline-6 or later already installed to use these instructions.
To get Adrenaline-6.3, simply download the VPK from the link below and copy the PSP’s 6.61 PBP to ux0:/app/PSPEMUCFW after renaming it to ‘661.PBP’. You can follow the above instructions to update Adrenaline if it’s already installed.
If you have any issues, report them to TheFlow through the GitHub link below.
Download link (+ changelog): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/latest
TheFlow’s Twitter page (further updates): https://www.twitter.com/theflow0
PSP’s 6.61 PBP file (needed if you’re installing Adrenaline-6.3 from scratch): http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/psp/image/us/2014_1212_6be8878f475ac5b1a499b95ab2f7d301/EBOOT.PBP