rePatch reDux0 2.68 released – Decrypted (MaiDump) DLC and DLC modding now supported with NoNpDrm/Retail games even on FW 3.65!
Developer ‘dots-tb’ recently came up with a solution to make use of ux0:/patch game mods, such as translation patches, on FW 3.65 with the help of SilicaAndPina, CelesteBlue and others. Now, he’s improving even more on his plugin, called rePatch reDux0, and this update is here for DLC lovers!
What is rePatch reDux0?
rePatch reDux0 is a plugin that lets you use game mods which use ux0:/patch on firmware 3.65, since this FW breaks ux0:/patch’s PFS patching abilities. Some examples of the game mods available are the Persona 4 Undub mod and the many English translations that exist.
rePatch was developed by dots-tb but now, development is only active in his reDux0 fork.
What does version 2.68 bring along?
rePatch reDux0 version 2.68 brought along the following:
- Support for decrypted DLC with NoNpDrm/retail games so you can use your favourite DLC that’s been dumped with MaiDump with your game.
- You can also use Decrypted/Encrypted/Hybrid modes of DLC so you can use different types of DLC at the same time with this plugin!
- rePatch Addcont Injection Deficiency Supplement (AIDS, dots-tb should’ve picked a better name..) which allows Decrypted and Encrypted DLC to work together while also deleting unused directories.
- This update also brings support for some DLC modding.
- A very odd version number… 1.0 to 2.68 doesn’t make much sense, eh?
This release is quite an important one if you use DLC, especially if you’re on FW 3.65 or are using retail/NoNpDrm games.
In the release link, there are also somewhat detailed installation instructions but the normal procedure is placing your DLC in ux0:/rePatch/(TITLE ID OF YOUR GAME)/addcont.
To get this newer version of rePatch reDux0, simply follow the link below. If you encounter any issues, report them to dots-tb through the GitHub link below.
rePatch reDux0 GitHub page (+ more information and instructions on how to install DLC): https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/latest
dots-tb Twitter (further updates): https://www.twitter.com/dots_tb