PS4: ps4-exploit-host updated to 0.4.2, Al-Azif announces upcoming modchip

1. RazorX says:

i love and hate seeing stuff like this given my ps4 is on 5.01 lol

2. Visi pyderai blet says:

So thats why my ps4 didint load hen, when i intendet to.. they removed 4.05 payloads… i am not updating to 4.55, because there is no major difference in my opinion…. by the way, good that things are moving on.

3. Imconfused says:

So should the scene boycott this because its a mod-chip that could make some one else money, should we demand a software solution? Why cant they use an existing product available to the public, like a $10 arm dev board? I am not even sure why this needs new hardware developed other than to make this proprietary? How is this different from what team Executor is doing for the switch?

PS. I do think this is awesome, and many thanks to the dev for the hard work this takes to pull off. But I am curious why there is so much hate on the switch side and no criticism at all for the PS4 side?

• rayo says:

I think ,that you don’t need to boycott nothing. Just build your own software hack and you are good to go.And if you can’t, stop complaining

• MannyS says:

“…he intends to open source all of the information once done.” nuff said. Granted I don’t know if team executor has made any announcements about opening up their work, but I personally don’t see any reason to hate a dev for making $$$ out of making processes more convenient.

He’s not taking away anything, only providing a simpler option… of course, that is assuming that he does go through with actually opening up the code.

• lol says:

I don’t know how you read this article but it says, that this will be 100% open source solution. When this will release, you will be able to build your own modchip. And this is only for Al-Azif’s version, other versions readily available for esp8266, which is indeed a $10 developer board.

• blahblah says:

It’s not a new hardware. It’s a software for existing ESP8266 boards that are broadly available for a few bucks AND the article clearly says that the code will be open sourced.

• rhodderz says:

Your missing the “open source all of the information once done” part which executor dont do and also 0day stuff that can affect others. There is a wololo post about it on here

4. DavidMR says:

4.73 needs some love….

5. ano says:

Please use “modchip” with quotes like Al-azif did.
    This is not a real modchip.

6. rhodderz says:

Trying to work out what his “secret feature is” which i think might be a rubber ducky style where you press the button and it enumerates controller input to “autoload” the exloit

7. Relys says:

If it supports Bluetooth it’s probably based in the ESP32, not the ESP8266.

8. 5u770n says:

i already have SD card support on my esp8266 exploit server 🙂
    Looking forward to seeing this project though, i was planning on porting it all to esp32 but think i’ll hang back now

9. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.