Tetromino – Touhou Edition released for the PSVita/PSTV – Tetris gets a Touhou makeover and More Features!
As Lua is a quite an easy language to code in, modding games to your liking isn’t an overly difficult task so that’s how Tetromino – Touhou Edition came into existence! Now, you can play Tetris with in Touhou fashion with extra features such as being able to hold pieces!
What is Tetromino – Touhou Edition?
Without any doubt, this game is a modification of Tetromino that includes a Touhou theme. This homebrew mod was developed by myself (yes, I’ve taken to some coding and not only writing 🙂 ) and has the following features:
- It’s based on Tetromino 0.7 (by Svenn) with some code improvements and additions! Due to this, the version of Tetromino has been changed to 0.7A.
- A Touhou theme. This includes:
- Changing background image/music every time you score 750 points and keeps on changing until you reach 6750 points so there are 10 different BG/M sets! Obviously, the BG/M are all from the Touhou game series!
- A different, more Touhou-esque, pointer for navigating the menus.
- A different font, called Revue, which is more fitting with the Touhou theme than the stock font bundled with Tetromino.
- Different levels to choose from (Easy, Normal, Hard) which have different piece-dropping speeds. You may also choose Classic Mode which behaves like the stock version of Tetromino in which the speed increases by clearing lines.
- An ability to hold the upcoming piece and drop it later. This is pretty useful if you wish to keep those pesky vertical pieces for later!
- Obviously, it has a new LiveArea screen that’s in line with the Touhou theme.
- It can be installed alongside the stock version of Tetromino so you can have both games installed at the same time.
What may be coming in the future?
As this homebrew mod seems to have interested a fair amount of people, this may be coming in the future:
- Collaboration with Svenn, the developer of Tetromino, to bring you the following:
- An easy way to install different themes and choose them with something like a configuration file.
- Some improvements to the UI so you don’t get confused which button to press.
- Improvements to piece rotation
- User-configurable levels
- Perhaps a new game mode 🙂
To get this homebrew, simply open VHBB on your PSVita/PSTV and install it from there. If you have any issues or suggestions, report them to me on the Wololo /talk thread below!
Remember, the pause button is the PS button!
Wololo /talk thread (more information): http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48962
VitaDB link (download link): http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/376