PS Vita release: pkgi unofficial fork “pkgj” brings PSX games support to the tool
Developer Blastrock has released an update to pkgj, his fork of popular PS Vita tool pkgi. This homebrew lets you download and install original pkg files on the PS Vita. Pkgj’s latest update brings support to download and install PSX games.
The unofficial fork has brought features that were not available on the original pkgi, including DLC support, and now PSX support.
What is PKGJ?
(From the readme)
pkgj allows to install original pkg files on your Vita.
This homebrew allows to download & unpack pkg file directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license.
- easy way to see list of available downloads, including searching, filter & sorting.
- standalone, no PC required, everything happens directly on Vita.
- automatic download and unpack, just choose an item, and it will be installed, including bubble in live area.
- resumes interrupted download, you can stop download at any time, switch applications, and come back to download from place it stopped.
Differences with PKGi:
- queues multiple downloads.
- supports the TSV file format.
- installs game updates, DLCs and PSX games.
- no support for PSM.
- no background downloads – if application is closed or Vita is put in sleep then download will stop.
Download pkgj 0.9
You can download pkgj from the developer’s github here. You’ll need a hacked PS Vita to run the tool, as always.
Source: Thanks to @dujuandrock