This week’s PSVita homebrew round-up (Mar 17-Mar 24): PSVita StorageMgr updated to work with FW 3.65/3.67, Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & FF 30th Anniversary English translation released, UAE4ALL, Basilisk II and ScummVM get updates and more!
This week saw some pretty exciting news regarding the PS3, PS4 and PSVita hacking scenes with stuff such as the ESP8266, VitaQuake III and people exploring what can be done with the PS3’s HAN exploit that works on ALL PS3 models. However, there were also some other noteworthy updates in the Vita scene this week and this article is here to bring you up to speed on that!
1. PSVita StorageMgr updated to version 1.1
CelesteBlue’s PSVita StorageMgr, a plugin to unify your additional storage needs, has been updated to version 1.1 in order to add support for FW 3.65/3.67 following TheFlow’s hacking work on these firmwares.
This is a very important update for those who are on FW 3.65 and wish to use their Sony memory card, SD2Vita and PSVSD/USB pendrive or HDD at the same time on their device since it’s the only plugin that allows you to do such things. StorageMgr also fixes issues with the drivers it replaces (the SD2Vita driver and USBMC driver) so if you’re thinking of updating to FW 3.65 from FW 3.60, you can just replace your SD2Vita/USBMC plugin with this instead of looking for updated versions of those drivers!
2. UAE4All, Basilisk II and ScummVM updated
Developer ‘rsn8887’ seems to be on a roll recently and he’s been updating a lot of his homebrew. Updates include:
- UAE4ALL, originally ported to the Vita by cpasjuste, was updated to version 1.66 which prevents accidental clicks when you move the mouse pointer of the Amiga machine using the touch screen.
- Basilisk II, originally ported to the Vita by meetpatty, was updated to version 0.33c/d this week and it got the ability to use the rear touch pad for mouse control, better performance as you can now max out the PSVita’s CPU/GPU/BUS speeds when emulating your favourite old Macintosh, the mouse control code got some improvements including the one mentioned above.
- ScummVM got improvements relating to touch-screen accuracy, the UAE4All accidental click fix and other improvements from the ScummVM team.
3. Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary got an English translation
The game ‘Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary’ (PSCH10065 -> Korean/Chinese version; PCSG00932 –> Japanese version support will be added later) got translated to English by GBATemp user ‘westwood’ so that we Westerners can enjoy it! The translation is still work-in-progress BUT it’s still complete enough to be playable.
Stay tuned on updates for this one!
4. Other releases and updates
Apart from the aforementioned homebrew updates, the following also got released:
- AdvancedAccountSwitcher and cidSpoofer (could be useful if your Vita’s Console ID got banned from PSN) were released (by SilicaAndPina) <– Make sure you know what you’re doing before attempting to use these
- Enigma (Oxyd-clone) and CannonBall (enhanced OutRun engine) got updated to fix bugs and make them work better (by rsn8887)
- OneMenu gets a PS4 XMB theme (by Daxtenator)
To get the homebrew and translation mentioned above, simply follow the links below! If you encounter any issues, report them to their respective maintainers on GitHub or the websites linked below!
PSVita Storage Manager (download link, give the README in the GitHub repo a look to understand better how it works!): https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-StorageMgr/releases/latest
UAE4ALL download link (+ more info): https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest
Basilisk II download link (+ more info): https://github.com/rsn8887/basiliskii-vita/releases/latest
ScummVM download link (+ more info): https://github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases/latest
Itadaki Street Dragon Quest English translation: https://gbatemp.net/threads/itadaki-street-dragon-quest-final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-translation.499133/
CannonBall update: https://github.com/rsn8887/Cannonball/releases/latest
Enigma update: https://github.com/rsn8887/Enigma/releases/latest
AdvancedAccountSwitcher /talk thread: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48951
cidSpoofer /talk thread: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48946
OneMenu PS4 XMB theme: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/85h0i1/onemenu_ps4_xmb_theme/