PSV VSH Menu updated to version 2.0 – Quick Launcher gets user-defined slots, many bug fixes and more!
If you have ever used a PSP, chances are that you’ve experienced the VSH menu. Thanks to Joel16, you can get VSH menu experience even on your PSVita! Now, it’s been updated to version 2.0 to give you a better experience.
What is PSV VSH Menu?
As the title suggests, it’s a PSP-esque VSH menu for the PSVita. While it’s not a direct port, it gives you a good deal of functionality of the PSP version such as:
- The ability to set the CPU and GPU clock speed
- The ability to reboot/shutdown the device
- You also get some options such as changing the menu’s colour
- You can also set some quick shortcuts to applications that you can launch directly from the menu.
- Ability to view battery statistics
It is worth mentioning that you can change the contents of the shortcuts by editing ur0:/data/vsh/launcher.cfg. PSV VSH Menu is confirmed to be working on both FW 3.60 and 3.65.
Unlike the PSP’s VSH menu, you can’t use it in the Vita’s UI (LiveArea) but in a game/homebrew. To toggle it, you must press START + R (Trigger) + L (Trigger) together
What got updated/changed in version 2.0?
PSV VSH Menu 2.0 brings about the following:
- The Quick Launcher now has 5 slots which you can customise by editing the file mentioned above. The shortcuts were hard coded before so this is a great improvement!
- You can toggle on/off the battery percentage, amount of life left and battery temperature from the menu itself.
- Clock states are now properly saved.
- PSV VSH Menu now requires the kuio plugin to work!
- Other bug fixes and a major source code cleanup.
As you can see, this is a pretty decent upgrade so it’s recommended you update your plugin if you’re on an older version. It’s also a decent plugin to check out if you want to overclock your Vita while playing games or just want the nostalgia!
To get the plugin, simply follow the link below and download both vsh.suprx and kuio.skprx. Then, copy them to your Vita and edit the config file accordingly (vsh.suprx must go under the ALL section and kuio under the KERNEL section).
If you have any issues, report them to Joel16 on GitHub or PSX Place forums.
PSX Place release post: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/psv-vsh-menu-taihen.13608/#post-105310
GitHub release page (download link + full changelog): https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/releases/tag/1.20
README (installation instructions and more): https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/blob/master/README.md