Heads up. God of War PS4 Pro Limited Edition ships with firmware 4.73. (Affiliate link)

PS4 exploit: hacker qwertyoruiop releases kernel exploit for 4.55

• spok says:

well i still aint buyin PS4 until there is working release since it can take a year until: “devs in the scene will figure it out pretty quickly” 🙂

1. alvaro says:

excelente, se esta moviendo la escena ps4, gracias a los que trabajan dia a dia en ella, gracias hackers

2. sav says:

they needs to release a kxploit for current fw, that’s the reason the ps3 and vita hacks were soo good an accessable at the time.

ps3 3.41 an then 3.55 cfw, an then vita at 3.60.

they should def release something at 5.50, since that fw has supersampling or whatever it is an then everyone can take advantage of it.

• Cypherous says:

Firstly, its not trivial to find these exploits

Secondly, the PS3 was a very different situation because they managed to figure out the private key sony used for signing firmware, this is NOT the case with the PS4, finding useful exploits isn’t a fast or easy process so i wouldn’t ever expect us to have a “current” firmware exploit

3. Matute says:

Yo sigo en 5.00 ;(

4. Supergun122 says:

Now I’m pretty much happy as heck

5. Urbananonymous says:

yesssss!!!!!!!! im on 4.07!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!

6. smior says:

first and awesome news! go guys

7. FFTW says:

for the Webkit Exploit,there is a high possiblity that it will be released next month. take a look guys:
    If this is true,and my hinch is that it is. 4.55 should have PS4hen by the end of next month 🙂

8. reymon says:

this is great news for almost everyone.
    thanks for sharing

9. Mmm says:

What? He finally released something lol

10. Nino says:

This is awesome news!

11. CheaterForLife says:

First.

12. Joseph Neale says:

got a 4.50 ofw ps4

13. ZpectroO says:

For 5.00 please

14. dd says:

this is great
    i’ve been waiting a long time for this

15. Vic-20 says:

I am the one

16. Randy Dave says:

OMG! YES!! I knew I was right to wait on 4.55! QWERTY THE MAN!!!

17. matan says:

How to get your hands on a 4.07 PS4 :

haha waiting for that man, or at least update the 4.05 post.
    ty for the info sharing.
    maybe even ps4 pros at 4.07 are obtainable.
    gg.

18. Ely k says:

Yeahh!!!! OMG!!!

19. LukeRoot says:

Awesome, the scene will get bigger now. Best news I could wake up to 🙂

20. Crispy81 says:

Nice. Just need an exploit for 4.75 now and I’ll be happy. Probably won’t be too long before that happens.

21. jj says:

So While on 4.07 we’ll be able to play 4.55 games?

22. Snowman says:

Im on 5.05 tho
    I think i dont need exploit because i have 40 games i didnt even touched. But its fun to mess around with console.

23. BlaX7221 says:

Works also on 5.05, confirmed by this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/5-01-exploit-poc.497603/

• Crispy81 says:

Yeah I tried it. But I get stuck at where you need to open your browser, it keeps trying to connect to playstation network before I can use the browser.

• Crispy81 says:

I cannot get this to work due to not being able to open the browser, it keeps saying it needs to connect to playstation network.

• GetYourFactsStraight says:

Just to confirm, that thread is dedicated to the 5.01 webkit exploit, not the 4.55 kexploit; two different things. A webkit exploit is an entrypoint not a kernal exploit. You need a entrypoint to make use of a kexploit and you need a kexploit to make use of a entrypoint. The 4.55 kexploit is not confirmed to work on 5.01

• GetYourFactsStraight says:

This doesn’t work on 5.05. What you posted is a webkit, which is not related to the 4.55 kexploit.

• Randy Dave says:

That is a webkit exploit. It’s a different thing than the Kernel exploit that QWERTY released. That webkit exploit actually works on the newest 5.50 beta, but this Kernel Exploit that QWERTY released seems to only work up to 4.55.

What we need next for us 4.55 users is some kind dev to backport that 5.x webkit exploit to 4.55 so we can reap the benefits of QWERTY’s release. *-*

• DSpider says:

It’s not a kernel exploit. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

24. The lolest says:

And no one noticed that pegaswitch(web kit) also worked till 5.05
    Things are getting hot in the next month

25. brutus says:

I don’t get it, i have 4.70 ps4 pro, when webkit exploit will be released on march 17th, will i be able to run homebrew on my ps4 ?

26. fluk3 says:

I have a fat second gen console running 4.73 and also have the 5.00, 5.01 and 5.05 downloaded on my pc. Should I wait for a release or try and echange my console for a discound on gamestop and get a 500gb slim. I live in Sweden (european region) does anyone know what firmware current stock ps4’s come with? Any reply is appreaciated

27. Ricardo Jimmy says:

I paid good money for a old PS4 bundle to be on 4.05 so I hope it takes very long time for this to get released!

28. Lollypop says:

Can we expect a full fledged 4.x kxploit with entrykit407poc dubbed qwerty as an addon for ps4exploithost
    I like the Linux payload added and the enable-vr payload but thats 405 or how to use this still staying in 405

29. mtnjustme says:

5.50 beta webkit exploit

30. Ra-D-OH-3h says:

It also works on 5.50 beta.

31. Jax says:

looks good, but can you play online with psn on ps4 with this mod?

32. Anthony says:

I know it may seem silly to ask but is there any way of perminently putting the exploit their so u don’t need to reaplie every boot without need of we site.

33. Right here is the right site for everyone who wants to
    find out about this topic. You know so much
    its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been written about
    for a long time. Great stuff, just excellent!

1. February 28, 2018

[…] 4.55 or below, rejoice! Developer SpecterDev has released a fully functional implementation of Qwertyoruiop’s 4.55 Kernel Exploit for the PS4. This is technically what you can consider as a full functional Jailbreak for PS4 4.55, […]

2. March 24, 2018

[…] the recent PS4 exploits have been released for firmware 4.05 and 4.55, hackers all around the world have been busy porting the exploit hosting functionality to a variety […]

3. March 27, 2018

[…] the recent PS4 exploits have been released for firmware 4.05 and 4.55, hackers all around the world have been busy porting the exploit hosting functionality to a variety […]

4. April 2, 2018

[…] Specterdev has published an interesting explanation on the PS4 4.55 exploit, which leverages a race condition in the BPF implementation on […]

5. May 21, 2018

[…] Note the careful choice of words here: “kexpl”, “closer”, and “probably”. All of these words could lead to disappointment if you don’t read them correctly. Something that’s “close” to this week could very well be released next week. Next week is “close” to this week, after all. “probably” is self explanatory. And “kexpl”, meaning the kernel exploit, implies that maybe other parts of the stack could end up not being released at the same time. Example: “here’s the kernel exploit, now someone needs to port it to the existing webkit exploit”. We’ve seen that before. […]