Electra jailbreak finally released to the public! – Jailbreak and run Cydia on all iDevices on iOS 11-11.1.2, including the iPhone X
Finally, after a little under 3 months from when Ian Beer shared his async_wake exploit for iOS 11-11.1.2, a jailbreak is here for all of us to enjoy! Thanks to the work of Coolstar, stek29, xerub and many other people, iOS 11-11.1.2 is now jailbroken with Electra.
What is Electra and which devices are supported?
Electra is a jailbreak for iOS 11-11.1.2 that’s been in development since last December that uses Ian Beer’s async_wake exploit. Its main creator is Coolstar but many community members such as stek29, xerub and Siguza have given him a hand in creating this jailbreak!
Unlike other jailbreaks, this is a KPPLess jailbreak since it doesn’t use a KPP bypass but merely tricks KPP into allowing unsigned code to run. Due to this, the way some things work has changed drastically and Substrate doesn’t work! That being said, you can still use libsubstitute and the Substrate compatibility layer to install your tweaks! Some tweaks and utilities don’t work yet since everything on saurik’s repo does not function on Electra.
Electra supports the following devices:
- All iPhone models running iOS 11. iPhone 5S-iPhone X(included)
- All iPad models running iOS 11. iPad Air – iPad Pro 2nd gen (iPad Mini 2-4 included)
- The iPod Touch 6th generation, if it’s running iOS 11.
- Obviously, Electra requires iOS 11-11.1.2. iOS 11.2 users are out of luck but they should stay on 11.2-11.2.2 if they’re there since 11.2.5 breaks some of Electra’s post-jailbreak patches.
IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO KEEP IN MIND THAT WINTERBOARD DOESN’T WORK AND HAS SENT SOME DEVICES INTO BOOT LOOPS!
How do I get it and install it?
Like all other jailbreaks, the process is pretty simple:
- Download the IPA for Electra from the link below
- Download Cydia Impactor from the link below
- Sideload the IPA through Cydia Impactor
- Run the Electra IPA and profit!
Remember, not everything will function and you should check compatibility lists (available on r/jailbreak) to make sure that what you wish to install isn’t dangerous!
To get it, simply follow the links below. I would personally recommend you wait another day or two so that you reduce the risk of bricking your iDevice thus forcing you to lose the jailbreak and update to iOS 11.2.6. If you have any issues, report them in a civil manner on r/jailbreak or directly to coolstar on Twitter.
Electra page (download link + more info that you should read): https://coolstar.org/electra/
Coolstar’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/coolstarorg
Jailbreak subreddit (good place for information): https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/
Cydia Impactor download link: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/