Heads up. Humble Monthly this month gets you Destiny 2 + about $100 worth of games for $12, yours to keep. In other news, God of War PS4 Pro Limited Edition might or might not ship with firmware 4.73. (Affiliate links)

Fail0verflow showcase Linux running on Nintendo Switch

1. 1st says:

bootrom exploit sounds bad for ninty

2. lol says:

Fail0verflow has very talented people that know at least as much about these consoles as the developers. I saw them taking apart the wiiU, extracting bits over the gamepads and was impressed like a little kid after a magic trick. Those people think out of the box and hack what ever they desire. If I were Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft I’d hire all of them to secure my next generation. Lucky for us, they don’t.

• Tarte au quetsche says:

So true.
      I’m always wondering what are the profile of these guys, how can they be so competent in a field where I can barely grasp anything.

In fact, wololo is nothing but a big magic show for grown ups:
      “Look all the amazing things we can do with our beloved VITA !” Once you manage to reproduce the trick, well, it somehow loses its appeal (all my consoles run homebrews and I barely play anymore…at least my children won’t cost me much game wise).

• Zzzzz says:

They are nothing special. Sea is full of fishes.

3. jj says:

I wonder what team-xecuter has in their bag. Is it related to this at all in any way or not?

4. ryuu says:

Here we go 🙂

5. Zzzzz says:

Wow! So useful… zzzzz…

6. AcromioClavicular says:

Port Linux to the PS vita, please

7. Scene? says:

“the scene is, understandably, on fire after the announce.”
    No it’s not. The “scene” consists mostly of children who want just “muh free warez gaems” so this news is useless. Like Linux on whatever console.
    But there is a positive side. Every egomaniac is coming out in the open with “I discovered this thing”, so Nintendo will have corrected all the possible and imaginable bugs right now, even those of which it was unaware.
    lol

8. Nutcase in a shell says:

Since Nintendo switch already has full control and reverse engineered and a Nintendo switch emulator plus it’s on the Nvidia tegra mobile. Wouldn’t it be possible to make a emulator for mobile even faster then usual? Or even ports of the game transferred to mobile ? Or am I just dreaming and sounding like a nutcase

• Go sleep says:

Switch is not full reverse engineered, it’s not in full control and there is not any Switch emulator on “nvidia tegra mobile” whatever it is. You must be drunk or idiot.

• Heed your own advice. says:

They were pointing out the Switch itself uses a tegra mobile processor. (Mobile hardware.) Therefore, it should be easier to translate/emulate to similar mobile hardware. It’s actually a sound logical point, and your post is far dumber than theirs.

9. ya ne pidor says:

Or both.

1. February 18, 2018

[…] who have disclosed a month ago that they have a Tegra exploit as well (and, incidentally, have Linux running on the Nintendo Switch). Although the teams have worked independently, it is unclear at this point if multiple teams have […]