Release: PS4 Theme Editor
One of the many things you can do with a hacked PS4 4.05 is load customized themes. A few of them have been circulating in pkg form, and today, developer yyoossk has released the beta of PS4 Theme Editor, which as the name implies is a tool to help you create your own. The tool is currently in Japanese, but easy enough to navigate.
Update: /talk member ssy92620 has released an English version of the Editor here. Please give it a try!
How to use PS4 Theme Editor
- Download PS4 Theme Editor (look for the link that says PS4_Theme_Editor_0-1-1(beta).zip)
- Unzip and install the Editor, then run it
- You’ll want to load an existing theme to use as a base. The developer provides a sample here
- Click “Load” from the main menu (if this shows up in Japanese on your computer, that’s the second link in the screenshot below)
- The parameters of the theme can be edited in the pane on the right. Pictures from inside the theme can be edited/replaced in your favorite image editor (they are in the texture subfolder of the theme)
- You can save your work by clicking on that last option (保存) in the first menu
Download PS4 Theme Editor
Where to get more PS4 Custom themes?
Yyoossk has started a thread on /talk for people to start sharing their themes. Please contribute if you have some to share 🙂