Heads up: Humble Monthly this month gets you Dark Souls III + Ashes of Ariandel DLC + over $100 of games for $12. Offer ends March 2nd.

PS4 Rest mode exploit revealed by @vpikhur (5.xx firmware)

1. Catalan Republic says:

First!!

2. hopefulPS4Hacker says:

since this is only now being revealed , i hope an exploit can be created up til at least the current firmware. ALSO FIRST 😛

3. sowhat says:

YES YES YES

4. DSpider says:

Sitting on it for 2 years? [shaking my head] Since then, two new models came out: Slim and Pro.

Does it apply to those models as well?

• TehCupcakes says:

Probably. Usually firmware is the same across all hardware revisions – the only thing that would make a difference is if a hardware revision removed the entry-point that allows an exploit to work. Given that rest mode still exists in the Slim and Pro, then yes, this exploit very likely does work on those models too.

5. Huz84 says:

I PS4 5.00 not update

6. Svet says:

I could see this happening from day 1. Rest mode is so broken it’s surprising it hasn’t being exploited yet. I really don’t see this exploit being fixed as it may brake rest mode in all sorts of games majorly, i can see more it being removed all together in the future.

7. FFTW says:

I wonder if his presentation was recorded in video. a recording would give us even more info.also, seems like this exploit can be mde into a jailbreak on its own,but i wonder how long it will take.

8. Mo Poge says:

RELEASE IT! RELEASE IT NOW!! 😀

Seriously, Sony will now patch this if they haven’t already so what’s the harm in releasing it?

9. Spiros says:

So it will be released. In simple terms is the 5.00 fw hacked or not?

10. Tyrant says:

This exploit won’t be released anytime soon. I have no faith in the hacking scene anymore. They find these exploits and then sit on them for months to a year before they release it. In the meantime we all just have to wait and hope that it ever gets released as some of these hackers give up mid project and hand them over to someone else that’ll take another year Working on it.

• nope says:

So do something about it instead of b!tc#ing about it. You’re the reason the scene is what it is. People leave because people like you act like this.

• rit says:

True, but hackers always seek to be financed in some way, except for some. We are no longer in Geohot’s time to hack for hobby, unfortunately. I still hope, as always, that they will release new xploit for recent versions of the software.

11. Steve says:

Cool, thanks for the article. Hopefully this goes places.

12. rodriboost says:

5.xx that means 5.05 is vulnerable too NICE!

13. Joe says:

Have a Pro on 4.73, cant wait for this to be refined and released. Hopefully soon… keeping my fingers crossed. 🙂

14. Khalid says:

Waoo hope realse soon exciting 5.00

15. D says:

Links to ps4 pkg games?

16. CuZiMPr0 says:

Hey guys, I have a question for you! I have a ps4 slim on 3.55, I have not tested this one more explicitly, I would like to play online again! it is now known this jailbreak, ask is update to the latest version or wartwn or buy new slim / pro, sunstay would also consider a ps3. ask for advice!
    I speak German!

17. vash32 says:

He knows da way!

18. T0PGLitch3r says:

CuZiMPr0 if your on 3.55 update to 4.05 then u can jailbreak your ps4

19. Zai says:

Now please for the PS Vita x.x

20. Sha says:

This likely will catch the attention of Sony and they will make a bounty for it even if they dont have a bounty policy right now. I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one, guys.

21. I’m on PlayStation 4 firmware is 5.00 I would love to play Gran Turismo 4 and all the PlayStation 2 games when you do come up with the pack can you please send it to me and if you do if you do have the Pack right now can you hook me up with it

22. yo says: