VitaShell 1.81 released – Now much easier to transfer files between PSVita/PSTVs thanks to adhoc feature!
It seems that lately, TheFlow has acquired some extra free time and decided to get back to further updating VitaShell! This time around, VitaShell got a very valuable feature to those who own more than one PSVita/PSTV.
What is VitaShell?
VitaShell is the go-to file manager utility for the PSVita by TheFlow. It has many features including:
- Ability to copy/paste/move files and folders between different partitions.
- Ability to read text files, listen to MP3s and view images.
- It lets you extract many archive formats (ZIP, RAR, 7z) and compress your files!
- FTP server functionality to copy files over to your Vita from a PC/smart device
- Lets you use your PSVita as a USB pen drive for easy file transfers from your computer.
- Many more features including theme support and lots more.
What got updated/added in VitaShell 1.81?
VitaShell 1.81 brings about the following:
- An ad hoc transfer feature was added. This lets you send and receive files and folders between your PSVita/PSTV devices close by!
- A bug was fixed in which files and folders in archives weren’t properly counted.
- The controls (the buttons you use to control the UI, maybe?) code was improved.
As you can see, the biggest feature of this update is the ad hoc transfer feature which allows you to easily share files between PSVita/PSTV devices in the vicinity. This is extremely useful if you have more than one PSVita/PSTV and wish to transfer game ROMs,save data and all other types of files between your consoles.
The ad hoc feature could also be very useful to those who have a PSTV with a USB hard drive and wish to copy files over to their PSVita with less storage.
To get VitaShell 1.81, all you need to do is open VitaShell while you’re connected to a WiFi network and VitaShell will automatically prompt you to update as per the screenshot. If this doesn’t work for some reason, you can copy the VPK to your PSVita through FTP and install it from MolecularShell (not VitaShell as conflicts may arise since you’re trying to overwrite the program you’re installing the VPK with).
If you encounter any issues, report them to TheFlow on the Issues tab of the GitHub link below. If you downloaded VitaShell 1.81 immediately after it was released, you may have installed a buggy version so if you encounter issues, just re-install VitaShell through the VPK.
VitaShell 1.81 release page (download link + full changelog + place to report bugs): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/1.81
TheFlow’s tweet about his PayPal if you wish to donate as a token of appreciation for his hard work: https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/957614708072308736