g0blin jailbreak (iOS 10.3.x/ A7-A9) released! – Freedom at last for iOS 10.3.x users!
After quite a long while of waiting and a large amount of hype, a jailbreak for iOS 10.3.x has finally been made available! This time, the saviour for those on iOS 10.3.x is Sticktron with the help of some other developers (tihmstar, Saurik and more).
What is g0blin and what devices are supported?
g0blin is a jailbreak for Apple A7-A9 devices running iOS 10.3.x. The jailbreak uses the v0rtex exploit (found by S1guza, who also brought us Phoenix for iOS 9.3.5) and the yalu102 KPP bypass. This means that the jailbreak is not KPPLess (like Meridian/async_wake hacks for iOS 11) so lets Cydia and Cydia Substrate work without any extra work in their current form.
In other words, this is a full jailbreak (like that for iOS 10.2.1 and below) since you can use your precious Cydia and Cydia Substrate to install and use all your favourite tweaks, hacks and applications!
The devices supported are the following:
- Firstly, they must be running iOS 10.3.x
- iPad Air/Air 2/Pro 9.7/Pro 12.9 (1st gen)
- iPad Mini 2-4
- iPhone 5S/SE/6(+)/6S(+)
- iPod Touch 6th generation
- For those who have an iPhone 7 or an iPad Pro 2nd gen (both 10.5″ and 12.9″ models), you’re out of luck. You’ll have to wait for Cydia and Cydia Substrate to be released so that Meridian (iOS 10.3.x) could become a full jailbreak!
How do I install it? Which tweaks are compatible?
To install it, you have to do the following:
- Grab the IPA from the link below (get it from a trusted source as iOS malware does exist!)
- Sideload it on your device through Cydia Impactor (link below)
- Run the program and it should install Cydia
- You’re done!
It is important to keep in mind that this is an RC1 release so bugs are bound to be present. If you want a totally bug/issue free experience, wait a little bit for further updates!
To check out which tweaks function, just open the link below. Most iOS 10.2 tweaks work just fine so you shouldn’t have many problems.
If you have any issues, report them on Reddit as that’s probably the most active place for the iOS jailbreaking scene!
g0blin jailbreak release page: https://g0blin.sticktron.net/
Sticktron’s Twitter (for further updates): https://twitter.com/sticktron
Cydia Impactor: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/
g0blin tweak compatibility list (compatibility should be close to that of the H3lix JB): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r9jSb2-WuwnEC6nIxdJRdgaxhj6SrNJgER9JnVQwWn0/edit
r/jailbreak (further updates and bug reports): https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/