PS4: SpecterDev releases 4.05 Kernel Exploit

1. Luke Root says:

Awesome news! Now the magic will happen.

I’m on 4.07 🙁 what a shame.

• diesel701 says:

You can try to put it a non-formatted HDD. Maybe you can reinstall a lower firmware.
      Personally I have a ps4 with 4.72 and if I put a non-formatted HDD I can install 4.71 or upper.
      So try it. maybe you are lucky 😉

• Luke root says:

Didnt know that bud i previously had 4.05 before i updated. How does it it work when i put a hard drive in will it ask me which version to install?

• diesel701 says:

Remove the actual hdd, pu in another one with non-formatted system or windows or else non-ps4 formatted, reboot twice if I remember well and then look at the message “please insert a usb with firmware x.xx or upper” (something similar)

• Cayde-6 says:

I am also on 4.07. Someone will port it.

• Luke Root says:

Not a case of porting – if a kernel exploit isn’t found for 4.07 – we will have to wait until qwertyoruiopz exploits for 4.50-4.55/5.00-5.01 are released (or IF) – or until a kernel exploit for 4.07 is found

2. ceevee says:

I have a PS4 on 1.75. Is there any reason to keep it at 1.75? Or is it pointless and I should go straight to 4.05?

• Luke Root says:

I would go straight to 4.05

• IWouldStay says:

Wait for this to pan out into something first I would say. Jumping straight to 4.05 when it’s simple release that isn’t terribly useful yet? Not highly recommended.

• don’t do it… better wait until the full jailbreak get released…

u still can’t play pirated games with it…

• spok says:

yup 1.76 is best since this release: “does not contain any code related to defeating anti-piracy mechanisms” – not buyin PS4 🙁

• William says:

i think you should go for 5.03 instead..more promising , qwerty going to release it also

go ahead update to 5.03

• Reynkz says:

Keep your PS4 on the lowest possible firmware until something concrete is released on any of the previous. Don’t listen to people that say update. Better safe then sorry because you can’t revert updates.

• humhum says:

I have a 1.76 ps4 as well, i am going to stay for a few more weeks on 1.76 and then move on, we should have better support on 4.05 from now on.

You should stay for a few more weeks and then move on, when everything you have on 1.76 is present on 4.05…

3. WOOHOO says:

BOOOOOOOM! Now the scene can at last get some momentum

4. Sombre says:

I have ps4 in 4.07.
    Can I run payload please?

5. bh says:

@Sombre better for you to learn to read before asking.

6. my-name says:

dang, any news on 4.07 ?

7. Luke Root says:

Is there known to be any private kernel exploits for 4.07?

8. Cypherous says:

Its a cool start, we appreciate your work SpecterDev, now we just wait and see who will rise to the challenge 🙂

9. robbier2713 says:

im on 4.06 any chance, of it working or is this going to be updated for this version at some point?

• Really... says:

Well seeing as it says 4.05 then no because a new kernal exploit needs to be found and released for the higher firmware.

10. sonofsony says:

where to find 4.05 firmware?

11. Lbhack says:

I have my ps4 on 3.55 i will upgrade to 4.05 and test it

12. Durk says:

I have a launch PS4, still untouched, and I’m not doing anything with it until I see that this will actually lead somewhere.

13. Fimo says:

Works great 🙂
    I have just an annoying message when I boot the PS4, it asks if I want to update to 5.03 ?
    Is there a way to delete that file ?
    Or do I need to wait for the release of a FTP server payload (like the one on 1.76) and directly delete the PUP ? Someone did it on 1.76 ? No risk ?

14. Charles Fasano says:

I have a PS4 Pro on 3.70 that I haven’t touched waiting for something like this. Until it can do more I’ll wait.

15. Kline says:

I have battlefront bundle
    Where is the version number please

16. supG2 says:

I wonder will this trigger Pizza boy Querty to release something. I hope he does and no one cares anymore

17. ModChipGuy says:

Schwing !!!

18. SeanP2500 says:

I make a big mistake and deleted my psn profile (i didn’t want it associated with hacks and had no plans to go on psn with my jailbroken ps4). This made things harder for me as I did not realize this would break web browser. In hindsight this was a good thing. This is experience other user will have with new ps4 out the box. I hope this helps others….

19. SeanP2500 says:

please allow this video is helpful for others.

20. PatientOne says:

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

21. chrisice says:

Someone did see the new failoverflow news on their website?

What is happening now just before newyear? 🙂

22. Red says:

If anyone would like to use this exploit without hosting the files themselves, I have taken the liberty to put them on my website for anyone to mess around with much like I did with ps3xploit

23. Lars Altorf says:

And What now? I have read about 5.01 there is a possible way there Will be a jb for to? Is this correct

24. Baconelite says:

My PS4 is on 4.00 and I’ve kept it like this, unplugged for a little more than a year. Just turned it on to confirm and it says it has an update downloaded and ready to install. Can I get rid of that update, so I can get the 4.05 firmware? I’m afraid the one it has downloaded and ready to install is above 4.05 :/

25. switch1 says:

Good news.. I got 1.76 console as well. If I update my PS4 to 4.05. Later.. other hacker release CFW for PS4 (like ps3 3.55). But require is 1.76 than I dead.. XD

26. xd says:

finally, devs giving a bone to the people to tinker… now someone do a simple backup loader thx in advance xd

27. MOOSEKNUCKLE says:

How many panties will this get me into?

28. Rick says:

it still lame and useless.Ps4 scene is lame

29. pradeep says:

what is this meaning guys

30. UndYinG.CweLe says:

Tried hdd trick on my 4.07 and it didn;t work, it asks for 4.07 or upper FW 🙁

31. marco says:

hello guys I’m on the 3.55 now for many years and I would not make the mistake to upgrade to 4.05 and then find myself a news that there is something more huge on ofw less than 4.05, so my questions are:
    1-update and ambitious about this exploit? What can I really do?
    2-can I install the pkg demo games? as ?
    3- I read that there is a fake section saved what is it? can I put a ps4 save for another account on mine? .

32. master4life says:

Whats the exploit good for? Can you execute homebrews, Game files etc.?

33. Susan Sarandon says:

Oh well, here’s hoping something on 5.00+ will come out…waited too much around all the typical drama to stay on a lower firmware.

34. kelvind says:

Now that a 4.05 exploit is out in the wild and “slightly” more accessible to the development community, if the 4.55 exploit has been fixed in current firmware, is there any reason for the devs to hold onto that exploit if its already been patched by sony? It would open the door to potentially more developers who have upgraded past 4.05 expanding the community more, without flooding it by releasing a 5.X that the world could use. So the question is was the 4.55 exploit patched already and what are the good reasons to hold onto it at this point?

35. Kita says:

Works, can use debug_settings.bin payload to gain access to Debug Menu, after the kernel exploit. Now we wait for what we’ve all been waiting for.

1. December 28, 2017

[…] the recent release of the 4.05 Kernel exploit by SpecterDev, I’m sure everyone’s busy trying to figure out how to run it and what it […]

2. December 29, 2017

[…] released the PS4 4.05 Kernel Exploit a couple of days ago, and everyone’s been busy providing scripts, payloads, and tools to run […]