H3lix jailbreak released (10.x;A6) – iPhone 5/5C and iPad 4 users rejoice as your devices are jailbroken forever!
Lately, the jailbreak scene has been going crazy with good news on both fronts, that is iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11.1.2 and finally, something that the common user can enjoy has been released! For owners of 32-bit devices, namely the iPhone 5/5C and iPad 4, Christmas has arrived a day early thanks to tihmstar and siguza!
What is H3lix and which devices does it function on?
As this article’s title gives off, H3lix is a jailbreak for all versions of iOS 10 (including iOS 10.3.3) for 32-bit (Apple A6 hardware in this case) iDevices. This means that your 32-bit Apple A6 devices are jailbroken for life so you needn’t worry again about losing your jailbreak by messing something up or sheer bad luck.
H3lix also means that all 32-bit Apple devices (S5L8900 to Apple A6) are jailbroken so it’s a bit of a milestone since now every Apple device up to the iPhone 5C (included) are jailbroken for life!
H3lix jailbreak supports the following devices:
- All models of the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C
- All models of the iPad 4
- This jailbreak does not support 64-bit devices (Apple A7 and newer) so don’t beg tihmstar and s1guza about them. That being said, the v0rtex exploit works on all devices running iOS 10.x and some devs are working on supporting 64-bit devices running iOS 10.3.x!
This is a semi-tethered jailbreak so you’ll need to have the H3lix app installed on your device which means you’ll have to resign it every week (unless you have a paid dev account) BUT it’s not clear whether Cydia Extender supports this jailbreak or not; if it does, you won’t have to worry about signing again!
How do I install it on my device?
To get H3lix on your device and jailbreak it, simply follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is running iOS 10.x and is supported by H3lix
- Download Cydia Impactor (link below)
- Download the H3lix IPA (link below)
- Connect your Apple device to your computer.
- Open Cydia Impactor and drag the downloaded IPA into it. Enter your Apple ID credentials (for app signing) and the application will be sideloaded on your device.
- Open H3lix on your device and press the ‘jailbreak’ button
- Enjoy your jailbroken device!
Important Note: This is the first release of this jailbreak (RC1) so bugs are bound to be present. It was only tested on an iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3.3 by tihmstar but users on Reddit have confirmed it works on the iPad 4 and iPhone 5C, all running iOS 10.3.3.
If you own one of the supported devices, it’s recommended you jailbreak the device since jailbreaking allows iDevices to reach their maximum potential. Today’s a very happy day for owners of these still very capable devices! 🙂
If you have any issues, report them in a civil way to tihmstar or siguza on Twitter/Reddit (r/jailbreak subreddit) or somewhere else you’d think they’d see them.
H3lix page (download link for IPA and instructions): https://h3lix.tihmstar.net/
Cydia Impactor download: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/