Emulator updates: UAE4All Vita (1.54) and Picodrive PSP (1.92.2) updated!
A good number of us use their Vita/PSP to emulate other systems and that’s a perfectly legitimate use that both consoles are great for. Like all other pieces of software, emulators get updates too and in these last few days , 2 well-known emulators got updated to make them even better.
UAE4ALL Vita updated to version 1.54
Developer (or perhaps modder because he likes to improve upon existing software a lot) ‘rsn8887’ has taken matters into his own hands by constantly updating the original release of UAE4ALL2 for the Vita originally released by Cpasjuste.
UAE4ALL is an Amiga 500/1200 emulator so you can play your favourite old computer games on the Vita (although I personally find Basilisk II easier to use/set up). The Vita version has many great features such as:
- The ability to emulate the Amiga system with no frameskip at full speed so you needn’t worry about lag!
- A great OSK and the ability to use autofire.
- The ability to create up to 3 custom control maps with Amiga buttons/keys corresponding to the Vita’s buttons/triggers.
- Much much more
UAE4ALL version 1.54 brings along these features:
- More mouse speed settings as you can now change the mouse speed setting in increments of 0.25.
- A ‘slow mouse’ function may be mapped to one of the keys. This allows the mouse to become very slow when the mapped butto
n is pressed so that you could do accurate clicking; useful if you need to click around some small dialogue boxes and UI elements.
Picodrive for the PSP updated to 1.92.2
Picodrive, the famous Master System/Genesis/Sega CD/Sega 32X emulator, for the PSP is still being developed and improved upon by Wololo /talk user “robson.santana” to make it even better and iron out any bugs that may still be left.
He’s done various performance improvements by making the SVP core much more efficient (and also added SVP dynarec) and replaced some C code with ASM (ASM or Assembly makes code run much faster thus resulting in better emulation performance!).
PicoDrive 1.92.2 for the PSP brings about the following:
- Some graphical issues were fixed in Fantastic Dizzy, Test Drive 2, Sonic 3D Blast and Subterrania when the accurate render is being used.
- Some FPS issues when vsync is used with PAL games were fixed.
- Sound issues when frequencies in NTSC games are less than 44kHZ were fixed.
- Upper limit for the CPU frequency was corrected.
These are somewhat important bug fixes and if you’ve experienced issues with PicoDrive 1.51b (last official version), you should really update to this version.
To get these updated emulators, just follow the links below. UAE4ALL 1.54 is available on VitaDB so you may get it directly on your Vita. I’d suggest copying over the improved PicoDrive even if you don’t have any major issues with the official 1.51b version since you could get better performance with it 🙂 Report any issues about the emuators on their respective /talk thread or Issues tab on GitHub.
UAE4ALL 1.54 GitHub release page (changelog + more info + download link): https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/tag/1.54
UAE4All /talk thread: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=47593
PicoDrive 1.92.2 /talk thread (changelog + more info + ): http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=47215
PicoDrive 1.92.2 GitHub link (download link): https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/releases/tag/v1.92.2