Ian Beer’s iOS 11.1.2 exploit released and v0rtex exploit (=>iOS 10.3.3) ported to iPhone 7 and 32-bit devices, gets tfp0 access and sandbox escape!

Aurora

1. The First says:

FIRST!

2. Xtremegamer says:

I’ve saved my shsh blob with the jailbreak bot to go back to 11.1.2 when needed.
    Is this enough or only untill they block the signature ?

3. Rider1221 says:

PLS write about PS3 homebrew instead of IOS,there are lots of things to write about PS3 hacks,but you guys pay almost no attention to them.

4. heedthebaw says:

dont see the point in jailbreaking anymore. whats the benefits nowadays?

• Aurora says:

I mostly use it for small tweaks and stuff like that 🙂

• Braden says:

How about being able to send any app to a carplay head unit? That’s a reason. I want Waze on carplay! Also, I have a 32 bit app that cost $300.00 8 years ago. I use it everyday to control a $15K+ whole house audio system. The app will never be updated so unless I am willing to forgo that app, I am “stuck” with 10.3.3. Jailbreaks would let me put a lot of ios 11 features on an ios 10 phone. So… Best of both worlds. There are still reasons to jailbreak!

5. Rg says:

We need more android hack news also exposed framework modules kali2 pandwarf etc…

6. Supera says:

I am on iOS 8.1 Jailbroken. I have my shsh2 blobs for 11.1.2. Will I be able to downgrade back to iOS 8.1 somehow if I don’t like iOS 11.1.2? I do not have any .blobs for my iOS 8.1.

• Charles Fasano says:

Without the shsh blobs for 8.1, once Apple stops signing a firmware, you can’t install it anymore.

7. Sebastian says:

Thanks for the article! I really appreciate the occasional iOS news, even though that’s not the focus of this site.
    And I think this should be the other way round: “Make sure to downgrade to iOS 11.2 from iOS 11.1.2 while it’s still being signed”
    😉

• Charles Fasano says:

Or you saved the shsh blobs for that system software. It’s good practice to save the new ones every time Apple releases a new system update. This way you can always downgrade to an exploitable version even if Apple isn’t signing it.

I use https://tsssaver.1conan.com to save mine. It can even check to make sure the blobs are valid and it works on any OS.

8. TheWhiteTyger says:

“Ian Beer’s bug report (+ exploit download link if you think you can get it to work)”

The link worked just fine without a hitch at least for me. Anyone need a mirror to the file?