Vita2PC 0.2 released – Many more games supported and better PC client!
It seems that many people like the idea of streaming their Vita games on their computer and, thanks to Rinnegatamante, this is becoming more and more feasible. Yesterday, Rinnegatamante updated Vita2PC, his streaming plugin for the Vita, to version 0.2 and the update brought about some major updates and features.
What is Vita2PC?
As you might have already guessed, it’s a plugin that lets you stream your Vita’s screen to your PC. Unlike xerpi’s UVC streaming solution (that’s still in its infancy like this plugin), Vita2PC doesn’t require a USB cable since the streaming is all done via Wi-Fi so you can view your Vita’s screen wirelessly. With Vita2PC, you can stream games that all types of games (cartridge, dumped, etc) so you’re covered for most games you have on your system but do note that not all games will work as expected since this software is still in development and it’s pretty taxing on the Vita’s hardware.
What got updated in Vita2PC 0.2?
Vita2PC got a decent amount of new features/compatibility updates with version 0.2:
- The following games have received patches to be compatible with Vita2PC: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Muramasa Rebirth, Ratchet and Clank 2 and Ratchet and Clank 3. The EUR (Europe) versions were tested but NA/JP version should work just fine.
- LPDDR2 hardware encoder support was added so now lots more games will support hardware accelerated encoding! (Hopefully, with some extra patches in future releases a huge portion of the Vita’s game library will be supported)
- The PC side got support for window resolution switching (original and Vita resolution) and bilinear filtering.
- A great new icon got added in the PC client
- A bug in the SDL Mixer audio driver was fixed
- A new audio driver based on OpenAL got added on the PC side. This driver is more unstable than the SDL Mixer driver but it works better with some games such as DigimonStory: Cyber-Sleuth.
As you can see, this is a major update that you should try out even if it’s just for the cool factor! It is important to note that I had to separately download ‘libstdc++’ and ‘libgcc_s_dw2-1’ DLLs for the PC client to work on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
To get this plugin & the PC client, simply follow the link below. If you have any reasonable issues, report them to Rinnegatamante on the /talk thread or GitHub link below. Please read the README file or the /talk thread linked below before using this plugin to avoid any stupid questions!
Wololo /talk thread (much more info especially in the first post – Instructions are in this post too): http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48459
Download Link: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/305
Source code + place to report issues at: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/VITA2PC
Rinnegatamante’s Patreon (if you wish to buy him the beer he really deserves): https://www.patreon.com/Rinnegatamante