Tutorial: How to use PS3Xploit to hack your PS3 and go directly to Rebug 4.81.2! (Noob friendly)

Aurora

I’m a girl that’s liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I’ve always modded my stuff when it’s possible, that is :)

Contact me via DM at @KawaiiAuroraA on Twitter if you have any questions/concerns about my articles or if you have any article requests.

1. Eraus says:

Does anyone else have an issue with the redtrainer or the webclient saying the your not on a playstation too?

2. mj says:

My PS3 shut down after the exploit. The console started but after a minute in the XMB the console shut down with 3 red lights. I don’t know what I would do, but If I repair it, do I need to reapply the exploit? No CFW was installed.

3. metzen says:

Would this work on a dech-2001a model. Its got a 120GB Drive and on Firmware 4.81
    Yes its a DEX system. No its not a converted CECH-2001a system.
    Gracias

4. fred says:

guys i have aplied the exploit and it said success but now the console has gone off. When i turn it on i get only a green light and nothing else and if i press power again it goes off. What did i do wrong and how to fix it

5. Gammapooka says:

My PS3 freezed after the message “success”.
    Waited 15 min and turned my PS3 off.
    Did everything again and after the success message and 15 seconds i heard the 3 beeps and it turned off.
    Then i installed the modded CFW.

THANKS !

6. Gammapooka says:

A question i can’t find :

I now have the modified Rebug 4.81.2 on my both PS3’s.
    Can i install any other NOT modified CFW now or will it brick ?

1. December 20, 2017

[…] week, I fetched my Playstation 3 from the cupboard I had hidden it in for way too long to install PS3Xploit (and actually allow me to get back to coding for consoles!) It took me a while to setup the PS3 […]