Tutorial: How to use PS3Xploit to hack your PS3 and go directly to Rebug 4.81.2! (Noob friendly)

Aurora

1. noname says:

If you get hanging after the exploit succeed, you’re using a crappy USB stick. I found this out the hard way as I spent 2 hours trying to get the exploit to run. I would wait 15-20 minutes and nothing would happen. After changing USB stick the exploit ran and it turned off the console in like 6 seconds. So if it’s hanging for you change USB!

2. Spiros Kele says:

it only says failed everytime :/

3. AAA_bat says:

can i update from this version of rebug to the official version?

4. Fat Mike says:

I don’t understand the model . I have a CECHJ04, this console ( 40 Gb Fat) are exploited and hackerable or not?

5. :( says:

awww, mine is cech-300 :((

6. Striix says:

A Tip 4 u all, it will work 100% without failure, when u, put in ur stick before u Start the PS3, i dont know why, but mi 80Gig Old Lady and 60Gig Old Lady got exploits only with this step at first. My brothers PS3 Slim one of the fiirst Models, also needs this Process first, so i think, this was not explained. I belive it works also without theese Step, but with many failures and “blank” page setups etc….

7. Joao says:

Guys, I have a CECH25xxB datecode 0C (firm 3.40 min) but I’m stucked at the update screen, saying that I’m not allow to update with error 8002F14, I’ve searched at Psdevwiki and its related to issue with bd drive. Am I f***? Do I need to change the bd drive to update the firmware and then try this exploit? Can someone help me? Thanks

• Sora says:

8002F14E is a faulty Bluray Drive or a faulty Wifi/Bluetooth Chip. You need to replace one of the two things. Or it wont work.

8. Fat Mike says:

On the guide it’s talk about the OFW 4.82… but on the internet the last i’ve found is 4.81.

9. Christian Schwarz says:

my Ps3 Slim 20xx dont restart after use the exploid any help ?

10. Bruno says:

Thanks a lot, so much soooo much!!!! Finally my CECHA01 is ready to rock running PS2 games natively!!!! Great tutorial, thank you!!!

11. James says:

Not including download times for the required files I did it in about 7 minutes.

I have the original 2006 release day Pht 60GB model which came with OFW 1.00

12. TotalNoob says:

This should be noobfriendly guide but you dont tell how i distinguish my fat is it nor or nand? where is the letter located?

13. Data is corrupted error code 8002f957, when it get to 80% of copying the 4.81.2

14. TP says:

once i start the process, it says success but the screen stays frozen

i waited 20 minutes but nothing, restarted my ps3, same thing happens

15. Seiken says:

It works like charm with my PS3Slim CECH-2004A. Many Thanks !

16. HacKTrieK says:

works great on fat CECHH04 40gb
    after flash i swap the 40gb hdd with 500gb (first backup)
    everythings was going real smooth
    BIG THANKS FOR THE DEV”S

17. Carson says:

Sorry for the noob question. I have installed the CFW successfully and also installed multiman pkg. Downloaded a ps2 iso and tried to run it in multiman under “Retro” but it couldn’t find it in the “Retro”. Did I miss something? I kept hearing about Enabling Cobra. Can someone tell me how to do that?

• Blxcklists says:

Go to Install Package Files, System Storge, install Rebug Toolbox, start it then enable webMAN then Cobra, restart system and try!

18. coffincolors says:

Will this method work with the CECHA12 model?

19. Coffincolors says:

Nevermind to my question the answer is yes it is fully supported! CECHA12. I had to host the files myself using the Mini Server executable, I also set the nand HTML page for running the exploit as the PS3 browser homepage, then deleted my cache and ran the exploit. It freezes on the success message sometimes but if it does that you can just turn it off, in my case the moment that it finally worked it immediately beeps upon showing success and shut down the system.

On another note to answer some other questions I saw on this comment thread, that same data corruption error I received when hadn’t actually installed the exploit correctly exploit but attempted to install rebug. I had my system freeze up when it said success and wasn’t sure if it had worked or not. I reiterate, the system should not freeze once you start the exploit and receive success

20. Mr Fahrenheit says:

I have a PS3 slim (CECH-2011A) on 4.82, is it hackable?

• Aurora says:

Yes, it is hackable. If you’re not 100% sure about the model number (or you’re feeling overly paranoid), just run minverchk 🙂

• Mr Fahrenheit says:

Just did, i installed a CFW for the first time on my PS3 thanks to you 🙂
        The exploit part was kinda tricky tho, i had to try like 7 times and close/open my browser multiples times but it finally worked.

21. tacol1ght says:

Installed on an CECH2001A slim perfectly. confirmed 2 flashes with no bricks including my phat cechh01

22. Steve says:

After sucessfuly installing REBUG 4.81.2 uding the above tutorial, I’m trying to install REBUG 4.82.1 LITE to get PSN back, but using the System Update/PUP file on USB it gives me a corrupt file error, even though the MD5s check out. Any ideas?

23. Hammer says:

Now that the Rebug 4.82.1 Lite is out, can I use it instead of the Rebug 4.81.2 Syscon Thibobo version to hack my console ?

24. ForkrexX says:

Im sorry,im not your normal “noob”.I have not used my PS3 in over 3 years so i have absolutely NO idea of what to do.I can’t follow the instructions properly because I’m autistic or something lol…I only got into my PS3 again because i heard that you can jailbreak it and pirate games on it.Can you do a video tutorial on how to do the jailbreak?

And i mean,a video tutorial with EVERY.LITTLE.DETAIL on what i should do.I am really dumb and my IQ is probably 73 at best.So it would be really nice if you could show me every step with detail. : )

25. robert amponin says:

how to download the firmware, i’ll tried so many times but i cant get the exact fw. any help , pl’s

26. OTARAZ-FINEST says:

Why does my update stop at 72%? And an error 8002F957 pops up. What have I done wrong?

27. Hi everyone, I took the liberty of setting up the exploit on my domain (which is a 4 letter domain). Hope you all enjoy not typing so much!

28. ForkrexX says:

Hey,at the back of my PS3 it says: C E C H – 3004B

Does that mean i cannot jailbreak it?

29. Liam says:

Hey guys, I’m trying to run this on a PHAT PS3, but my console keeps freezing up. After it says ‘Success’ on the downgrader, it just seems to freeze and the console never reboots. Any ideas? All help much appreciated.

• Gammapooka says:

After it freezes don’t wait more then 10 minutes then turn your PS3 off.
      Turn it on and then clear browser cache and try again.

30. P0w3rPlay3r says:

Hi all,

First, thank you for Aurora your post and obviously to the devs behind this hack. Pitty this comes late but better late than never for all the people who doesn’t have the necessary hardware/skills to unlock their PS3 full potential.

Just letting you guys know my feedback on a 21xx model. Specifically: CECH-21103A

Console has ofw 4.82, came from ver. 4.75., multiple user accounts and some PSN bought games available. BD drive working fine.

I followed the steps (to the line), although I used aldo’s miniwebserver app on the PC (running win10, firewall has an exception for this app).

I managed to enter the server page a few times however most of the time page wasn’t able to load. On server log, I got:

[560] connection accepted
    [560] IP: 192.168.0.18
    Connected clients: 1
    [560] Http socket expired
    [560] socket closed after responded for 0 requests
    Connected clients: 1

Pls note I used both WAN and Wireless connections, with same results on both.

I cleared cache and cookies on the browser, added a marker for the miniwebserver and make browser go to blanc page on start.

Ran browser again and I managed to load the page, after a few tries (more than 10), I was able to run the exploit (it said success on the page after clicking button “Write to NOR Flash Memory”) console froze screen but didn’t shutdown and the wireless controller kept charging as its plugged to the usb port (farthest from bd drive).

Heres’s the log on the mini web server:

Host: 192.168.0.11:8000
    Web root: C:\Users\lpc\Desktop\NOR_NAND_writer_release_1.0_PS3Xploit\htdocs
    Max clients (per IP): 32 (16)
    URL handlers: 2
    Dir listing enabled
    [524] connection accepted
    [524] IP: 192.168.0.18
    Connected clients: 1
    [524] request path: nor-482.html
    [524] 219 bytes sent (219 KB/s)
    [524] 20549 bytes sent (20549 KB/s)
    [524] socket closed after responded for 1 requests
    Connected clients: 1
    [524] connection accepted
    [524] IP: 192.168.0.18
    Connected clients: 1
    [524] request path: xp_rel_writer10.js
    [524] 233 bytes sent (233 KB/s)
    [524] 7523 bytes sent (7523 KB/s)
    [524] socket closed after responded for 1 requests
    Connected clients: 1

I waited 30 min., still no shutdown.

I manually shut down console, and was able to get to XMB without any issue.

Selected same user account I did before running the browser to do the exploit.

Tried to install rebug cfw 4.82 with syscon 4.82 through xmb : got corrupted file msg.

Rebooted to recovery mode, still wasnt able to install cfw.

Next test, I removed the original HDD, plugged in a 40gb drive.

Formated drive on console and installed ofw 4.82.

Did same process on the browser (regarding setting blanc page as homepage and clearing cache plus cookies, all like I described before), ran the server page
    and I found myself on the nor-482.html page at first try.

Clicked on button, exploit initially fail however it retried and it suceeded. Again waited for 30 min. console did not shutdown.

Wasn’t able to install cfw through XMB or recovery. Same error: corrupt data

Please note I followed every step to make the exploit work. I’m no noob in downgrading consoles with E3 Flasher and I’m using same flash drive as I did in every downgrade I did (I downgraded all models with NOR memory, fats & slims),
    so it’s not a flashdrive issue for sure as I also checked MD5 hash of the flsh.hex on the flash drive and it’s ok just like the rebug cfw with modded syscon update file.
    Also, if it’s any worth mentioning, I did tried a different USB flash drive that also works fine (it appears under pictures, etc.).
    I also looked at the flashdrive through the whole exploit process (while entering web page and writing to NOR, and I did not see any activity light – I found this odd because throughout the process the .hex file is used by the exploit, but yet, this is the only console model I tested until now so I can’t say if it’s normal or not. Again, no problem on the USB flashdrive as it blinks everytime it’s being used (not a burnt LED 😛 )

So after this last attempt with a different flash drive I gave up on the process and proceeded to use my trusty old E3 flasher wich worked like a charm as always.

Hope this feedback helps in anyway.

Wish you and the devs a merry xmas 🙂

Cheers

31. Kazuya101 says:

I tried with one console all green checks and it updated smoothly.
    With the second one, i got all the green lights ( compatible firmware, proper upgrade) but after the update it switched off
    now it wont switch on anymore. It just turns on and then beeps off with no light. I have to either press on the power button to see the switch
    or unplug the power cord then re-plug it in.
    It’s weird, the files were the same, its the same type of slim as the first one.

32. nemesis says:

Didnt work for me on a cech-2103. Console freezes at exploit page after obtaining “Success” message. Flashdrive is fine, also tested with a different hdd, formated it and went on to the process. Same result. Not a flashdrive issue for sure… anyway I gave up after 3 h trying to install cfw through this method (proceeded to use e3 flasher, no issues with that), also left a comment with the full extent of the tests I did – comment removed or didn’t got approved .. ***…

33. Lars says:

Finally i jailbreak my ps3… Now hard to find ps3 backup’s online.. dammit… anybody suggestions?

34. Thegoldenmaniac says:

Can I use the left USB and it work? My right USB doesn’t work.

35. Kazuya101 says:

I may have bricked my ps3 in the process. I was updated to the right firmware, then i did the hash check on teh server, while waiting for the success message my ps3 beeped 3 times but after that it never came back on.
    Now when i try to switch on the ps3 i get one beep and then the red light goes away. It will only come back on if I try to re plug it back on, or if I press the power button.
    Is the Ps3 bricked? If so is E3 flasher the only way to get it to work again?

Ps3 slim 4.82 ofw

36. DB says:

So.. I have a CECH2504B, 3.40, do I go with NAND or NOR?

37. DB says:

So um… I did installed the exploit from website however it has been 15 mins and my PS3 still hasn’t closed and resetted itself. Am I ***?

38. DB says:

GUYS! If you are getting 8002FB27 while trying to install the Rebug, try changing your language to English, it did the trick for me

39. Concise guide to install Rebug 4.81.2.

1. December 15, 2017

[…] running OFW 4.82 without a flasher chip?: Here is the link to start your jailbreaking process! LINK Thank you […]