Cookie Clicker Vita updated to version 0.2 and HCL-Vita 1.1 released! – More sophisticated ways to create cookies now in!
Thanks to the dedication of PSVita homebrew developers, we’re getting many updates for the homebrew that make our PSVita more useful and enjoyable. This time around, Cookie Clicker Vita got a complete rewrite and HCL Vita got an update that makes it even better!
What’s Cookie Clicker and what got updated in version 0.2?
As most of you know, Cookie Clicker is a great time wasting game that was originally released in 2013 to play on your browser. Now, thanks to ‘Creckeryop‘ of GBATemp forums, a Vita port is available so you can waste your time spawning cookies even on the go. With version 0.2, the game got a huge overhaul as the code was rewritten from scratch and more features from the full browser version were implemented.
Some of the most noteworthy new features are listed here:
- 28 upgrades to buildings are now available! These multiply the ‘cookies per second’ rate of the building by 2.
- All of the game code was re-written so now the interface is cleaner, nicer and feels much more solid. The touch controls, for example, don’t feel floaty now.
- On-screen buttons were added along with some shadows to make the game look more pleasing.
- Some bug fixes were implemented and compatibility with old saves was maintained too!
- Much more.
With this update, I think it’s safe to say that Cookie Clicker Vita is one of the best ways to enjoy Cookie Clicker on the go (especially since it doesn’t have IAPs like some Android/iOS versions).
What’s HCL-Vita and what got updated in version 1.1?
HCL-Vita is a port of “Hydra Castle Labyrinth” for the Vita made by Rinnegatamante. It’s a Japanese dungeon-style game reminiscent of early Metroidvania games and was created by E. Hashimoto; it was later translated to English which made this port possible. HCL-Vita 1.1 got the following updates:
- Jump control was changed. Now, you press cross (X) to jump.
- You can now use the left analogue stick for player control.
- Data files can now be stored in uma0.
- Some bug fixes.
This update is mostly a quality-of-life upgrade to make your experience even better.
Both homebrew are available on VitaDB so they can be downloaded directly from Vita Homebrew Browser (VHBB) or you could get the VPK (and data files for HCL-Vita) and install them manually. If you have any issues with Cookie Clicker Vita, report them to Creckeryop on the GitHub or GBATemp link below. Any issues with HCL-Vita should be reported to Rinnegatamante on the GitHub or Wololo /talk thread below.
Cookie Clicker Vita 0.2 GBATemp thread (more info): http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-cookie-clicker-vita.489060/
Cookie Clicker Vita GitHub page (bug reports/source code): https://github.com/Creckeryop/CookieClicker-Vita
HCL-Vita 1.1 release post: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=420799#p420799
HCL-Vita GitHub link: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/HCL-Vita