Rinnegatamante (finally) creates a Patreon account so that you can easily buy him a coffee/beer!
Disclaimer: Neither I nor Wololo can guarantee that you’ll be getting your rewards so we can’t be held responsible for anything. If you choose to donate, that’s your decision! That being said, I’m sure Rinnegatamante will give you all the credit you deserve for supporting him 🙂
While I, Aurora, usually don’t dedicate an article to a donation platform for a developer, I think that this time around, an exception can be made. At last, Rinnegatamante has created a Patreon account which makes it very easy for you to buy him a beer (or coffee) for his hard work.
What did Rinnegatamante do?
Rinnegatamante is one of the most active (probably the most) developers for the PSVita and he still hasn’t stopped coming out with new homebrew even after over a year since HENkaku was released!
He has released/created the following:
- VitaDB – The platform that Vita Homebrew Browser (by devnoname120) works on. In other words, this means that Rinnegatamante is the guy behind the place where most get their PSVita/PSTV homebrew! If you prefer to browse VitaDB on your computer, you can do that too as it has a website with QR codes that you could conveniently use to download and install homebrew directly on your Vita. Plugins and tools for the PC regarding the Vita are also hosted on it so it’s your all-in-one website for anything relating to PSVita homebrew.
- Lua Player Plus (LPP) – Rinnegatamante is the guy who made LPP work on the Vita and is still maintaining it. Various developers, such as VitaHEX, have used it for many different homebrew.
- Many game ports, some in Lua, such as: VitaQuake, VitaQuake II, EUCLOID, Minicraft Vita, VitaWolfen, VitaSudoku and much more!
- Some plugins such as the popular RinCheat, Autoboot and Vita2PC (a plugin that lets you stream your Vita games to a computer over Wi-Fi with some success).
- Apart from his work on the Vita, he’s also done some work on the homebrew scene of the Nintendo 2/3DS with homebrew such as: SunShell, ctrHexenII,3DSudoku and much more.
- Many other things!
Awesome! What donations tiers are available?
There are 3 main donation tiers available and these are:
- Supporter: Your nickname will be mentioned in his Readme files and Wololo release thread for his homebrew. You must donate $1 per month for this tier.
- VitaDB Lover: You get ‘Supporter’ status on VitaDB which means that you won’t be seeing any ads on there and you’ll get your name shown in the VitaDB Supporters page! You’ll also get the perks of the ‘Supporter’ ($1+) tier. You must donate at least $5 monthly for this tier.
- Distinguished Supporter: Your nickname will be shown in his homebrew when possible. The perks for the Supporter and VitaDB Lover still apply! You must donate at least $10 monthly for this tier!
Obviously, the main reason for donating is to show gratitude for his work so I personally don’t advise you to donate if you’re only doing it for the perks!
If you choose to donate, you should donate how much is comfortable for you since his Patreon is there simply to give you an easy way to say ‘Thanks’ in a monthly fashion!
Rinnegatamante’s Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/Rinnegatamante
LPP link on GitHub (list of homebrew developed with it is included): https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-vita
His website: http://rinnegatamante.it/site/index.php
His Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante