Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

VitaShell 1.76 released for the PSVita/PSTV – Important bug fix and license restoring features

Aurora

I’m a girl that’s liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I’ve always modded my stuff when it’s possible, that is :)

Contact me via DM at @KawaiiAuroraA on Twitter if you have any questions/concerns about my articles or if you have any article requests.

1. jrazorman says:

I love vita shell! thank you so much.

2. FrameGame says:

I really needed this update in my life the crashes where just obscene it only ever happened when I tried to copy between Sd2Vita ux0:/ – Mem uma0:/, and I had to do that a lot recently for space management

3. pez2k says:

Regarding the editorialising in the article, the following quotes from VitaSmith in the pull request are very pertinent:

‘The applications that create/manipulate the DB are coming. … This is only for early adopters, who want to play with the DB before the user-friendly tools are added that automate this task.’

‘Obviously, I also need to point out that this is still an early and experimental feature, which I’m pushing out in the open so that people can test it and bugs/issues can be addressed.’

In short, it’s not intended to be something easy to understand for the layman, this is an early release for testing by those who know what they’re doing. Nice tools and writeups are coming later.

4. Kruste says:

To clarify: does this mean we will be able to download games from the PlayStation Store again, even with a Henkaku/Enso-enabled Vita?

5. allen says:

just yesterday when I go into vitashell and turn off auto update setting in vitashell. and after get this version. today I just notice that for some reason my vita firmware auto update in unknown time but between yesterday and today. now I have two 3.65 damn. 2 years vita even connect to internet and leave it through night. no auto-update. but for some reason today damn. must be someone fault

6. allen says:

thanks to henkaku enso already installed in there. so now I still can get access to pirate games and vitashell and modelshell. can I have somebody system file to replace 3.65 to back to 3.60. while I still can access to vitashell. help please