FakeCamera 1.1 for the PSTV released – Use a BMP as the camera image for games that need camera input on the PSTV!
For some reason, Sony doesn’t allow PSTV users to play some Vita games without any good reason but some games that aren’t allowed to start on the PSTV have a valid reason.. sort of. Thanks to developer “OperationNT414C” on GitHub, you could play games that need camera input (for little things) on your PSTV without any crashes!
FakeCamera is a plugin for HENkaku-enabled PSTV devices that sends invalid camera calls when a game/homebrew asks for camera input. Due to Sony not wanting to take the extra time to properly code a fallback when a camera is not found, games may crash when they ask the player for camera input so this is where this plugin comes in handy. Thanks to this plugin, your game won’t crash as a tailored answer for the SceCamera API is sent! Some games that could be fixed up with this plugin are:
- WipeOut 2048 – The game will no longer crash on multiplayer startup due to the useless camera feature.
- Tearaway – Won’t crash when the user is asked for camera input
- Virtua Tennis 4 – Works fine in ‘CAM VT’ mode with FakeCamera 1.1 and a fake BMP image.
- Homebrew like VitaShell (QR function) and Pro Camera Vita also work properly as of FakeCamera 1.1 and a fake BMP image.
- The mini-games “Hello Face” and “Snap + Slide” in Welcome Park work well with FakeCamera 1.1 and a fake BMP image.
You still need AntiBlackList (by Rinnegatamante) to play games that Sony decided shouldn’t be run on the PSTV
What got changed/updated in FakeCamera 1.1?
The following got changed/updated in FakeCamera 1.1:
- A version of FakeCamera with the ability to send BMP images of your choice got released. This means that you can directly interact with games that are satisfied with a still image. More instructions on how to use it can be found in the link below.
- A minor fix in which some wrong resolution values were fixed was added.
- The BMP version of the plugin (fakecamerabmp.suprx) requires you to also load dsmotion.skprx for it to work.
Version 1.1 of FakeCamera comes in 2 different versions, one that lets you send BMP files to the application (fakecamerabmp.suprx) and one that works like FakeCamera 1.0 and just fakes camera calls to avoid crashing (fakecamera.suprx).
Thanks to this plugin and DSMotion, which lets you use your DS3/DS4’s motion controls for motion input on the PSTV, you can properly play almost all PSVita titles on your PSTV. If you have any issues, report them to “OperationNT414C” on GitHub in a civil manner and before, you should check if the same issue has already been reported or closed.
FakeCamera 1.1 (download link + changelog): https://github.com/OperationNT414C/FakeCamera/releases/tag/1.1
FakeCamera Readme (contains detailed installation instructions): https://github.com/OperationNT414C/FakeCamera/blob/master/README.md
DSMotion (lets you use DS3/DS4 motion control values with games that need motion control on the PSTV): https://github.com/OperationNT414C/DSMotion