NoNpDrm version 1.1 released and VitaShell updated to 1.74 – Important bug fixes for the Vita/PSTV
TheFlow is known for releasing a lot of awesome software, such as Adrenaline, for the PSVita but with all software, there are some bugs and issues that need to be sorted out. Thanks to update 1.1 to NoNpDrm and VitaShell 1.74, more bugs got squashed so that everybody could get a more pleasant experience on their HENkaku-enabled devices.
What’s NoNpDrm and what got updated in version 1.1?
In a nutshell, NoNpDrm is a plugin that disables all forms on DRM protection on PSVita games (PSX and PSP games in PKG format don’t work but you should be using Adrenaline to play those titles anyway). In practice, NoNpDrm is mostly used for making ‘backups’ for both legal and illegal purposes (piracy shall not be discussed on Wololo or its /talk forums!). Now, NoNpDrm got updated to version 1.1 and the following got updated:
- A bug was fixed in which fake license files of addcont on grw0: were not being created.
It is recommended you get this update if you use NoNpDrm so that you avoid any issues that could crop up when using this plugin. To get it, just follow the link below, download the skprx file, replace the old skprx file (of NoNpDrm 1.0) and reboot your device.
What’s VitaShell and what got updated in version 1.74?
VitaShell, the ultimate file manager for the PSVita with a lot of useful features, doesn’t really need an introduction. Apart from managing your filesystem, it could be used for FTP/USB file transfer, installing VPKs and a lot of other things such as QR code reading which was introduced in version 1.71. From version 1.71 to 1.74, the following got fixed:
- 1.71: PSVSD USB device mounting got fixed.
- 1.71: Fixed a bug in which the QR reader result got outputted twice.
- 1.71: A bug was fixed in which uma0: options were not greyed out on devices other than the PSTV.
- 1.72: Files from HTTPS links scanned by QR codes can be downloaded.
- 1.72: PSVSD and PFS mounting bugs got fixed
- 1.73: The crash when you pressed triangle in the home menu got sorted out.
- 1.74: QR download and the C2-13696-5 error got fixed.
- 1.75/next update: The QR reader functionality gets fixed again since on 1.74, you’re no longer able to open scanned URLs directly in the browser. VPK installations from a QR code still work however. Other bug fixes.
It is recommended you get VitaShell 1.74 for a better experience (unless you need the ability to copy URLs from QR codes to the browser). You should be notified of the update if you’re connected to WiFi when you open VitaShell. You may also get VitaShell 1.74 via VitaDB, VHBB (uses VHBB) or by directly installing the VPK from the link below.
As these are both pieces of software that have to do with important system functionality, make sure that they are from TRUSTED sources. If you have any issues, report them to ‘TheFlow’ on GitHub in a civil and well though out manner! Make sure that you do not open new issues (i.e bug reports) on GitHub before checking if any similar issues had already been closed/fixed.
NoNpDrm 1.1(more info + download link): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/releases/tag/v1.1
VitaShell 1.74 (more info + download link): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/1.74