VitaShell v1.70 – Major Update Released!
TheFloW is back yet again with another update for the most widely used homebrew in the VITA scene, VitaShell. This is a major update, and adds more welcomed features and bug fixes to enhance overall application quality.
VitaShell is a multi-purpose file manager that provides a GUI for file management. Being one of the most widely used homebrews in the scene, it allows you to do various things such as installing vpk applications, transferring files via FTP or USB, open a plethora of media files, and view/edit text among other major things such as mounting hard drives/flash drives as a storage device for PS TV/VITA TV.
- Added QR Code scanner and file downloader by cxziaho (press L+R to open the camera).
- Added option in ‘More->’ to open applications in decrypted mode (bypass PFS). Thanks to frangarcj.
- Added ability to mount sd2vita and psvsd as USB device.
- Fixed bug where ‘imc0:’ could not be mounted if the Memory Card was not available.
- Fixed bug where accessing the settings menu crashed if there was no Memory Card available.
- Fixed bug where automatic USB connection was not blocked, after leaving and resuming VitaShell. PS TV will now always open FTP when pressing SELECT.
With this update, installing VPKs has been easier than ever before. All you need to do is Press L + R, point your camera towards a QR Code (as long as the URL ends in .vpk format), and sit back and let the installation take place. Now you also have the option to mount sd2vita and psvsd as a USB device. This is incredibly handy considering how ridiculously expensive those memory cards are.
In previous releases, imc0: could not be mounted without a memory card inserted. While it would be still be accessible via PC, it was unable to mounted on VitaShell. This is no longer an issue and has been fixed. There are also other features/bug fixes which make the app feel a lot more stable than it ever was.
PS, if you have an internet connection, you can update straight through VitaShell itself. If not, you can download it via the GitHub link below.