PS Vita Homebrew Release: Project Void 0.1.0
Developer Akabane87 has updated his Homebrew for the PS Vita, project void, now at version 0.1.0.
What is project Void for PS vita?
Project void is a space opera game focused on dogfight, heavily inspired by games such as freelancer. According to the author:
The way you build your spaceship using different modules such as engines, canons and so on, will impact the momentum and the whole physics that will make your ship move and react. Any module will have independent resistance and destroying a module will affect the physics of the ship until you repair it.
Project Void 0.1.0 changelog
This latest release introduces multiple improvements, including a better AI. The full changelog:
2017/09/03 : v0.1.0 (first alpha release)
- AIs now use both missiles and standard blaster shots.
- AIs will completely stop if their generator is destroyed, and will use inertia if the engine recalibration is not possible.
- Disable canons and thrusters when the generator is destroyed.
- Make the recalibration button only available when a recalibration is possible.
- Add a volume balance control for each sound data for balancing the sounds.
- Integrate sounds for blaster shot, missile shot, blaster impact, missile explosion, module explosion, and thrusters.
- Add a spatialized sound system to the sound player to handle 3d sounds correctly (pan and doppler effect depending the speed).
- Replace forces by impulses to stop being framerate dependant.
- Add canon gauges to the HUD and change the HUD disposition.
- Prevent the engine recalibration to cut all engines when the recalibration is impossible.
- Optimize a bit the asteroid fragment shader.
- Add a batch rendering system for asteroids (this shifted the high CPU consumption to the GPU without any gain of FPS…).
- Fix a weird bug on vita’s flare rendering where the flare could sometime blink randomly (no idea what really happened…).
- Add a draw order for sprite rendering, to force the rendering order instead of using the center position depth (used for HUD elements always to be in foreground).
- Add frustrum culling for the particle emitters (per sprite).
Download Project Void 0.1.0
You will need a hacked PS Vita to run Project void.