Release: VITA2PC – Stream from your PSVITA to your PC
Remember 5 days ago when we complained the PS Vita had no “video out” functionality? Well, that was 5 days ago, so it’s old. Vita developer Rinnegatamante released VITA2PC yesterday, a tool that lets you do just that, and better than the existing Rincheat solution.
This first release is a bit experimental, and in particular sounds streaming seems to be a bit hit and miss. The developer says he will improve things with next releases.
What Vita2PC lets you do, and what it does not
Vita2PC is a plugin that will let you stream specific PS Vita games from your PS Vita to your PC Screen, through your local Wifi network. The plugin offers two modes, synchronous and asynchronous, which let you choose between accuracy (no frame drops) and speed (frame drops).
Vita2PC currently does not let you stream a full vita session (e.g. including the live area), but only once inside a game. Also, not all games are compatible at the moment, and in some cases the streaming quality might be choppy. The developer provides a compatibility list here.
What’s the difference between Vita2PC and the Rincheat stream option?
The main difference with the screen streaming option from Rincheat (also by Rinnegatamante) is that you also get audio, while Rincheat was only streaming the video content to your PC. But the Developer also shared the following details:
This plugin can be considered as a standalone improved version of rinCheat stream (infact the first prototype name was SA_ScreenStream (Standalone ScreenStream).
It has several improvements if compared to rinCheat:
- A huge improvement in terms of how many games are supported. Basically rinCheat supported only a few portion of Vita games (45-50% probably). This plugin supports near the 95% of Vita games in theory.
- Added Downscaler for games running at 960×544. Output will be at 480×272 (PSP resolution). This will drastically improve framerate, allowing even games without hardware acceleration to work fine.
- Better hardware acceleration encoder code: now less VRAM is required to start an hw accelerated encoder. That means game that on rinCheat didn’t have hw acceleration could have this feature now. (Eg. Digimon CyberSleuth)
- Added audio streaming support
- Possibility to start synchronous video streaming with/without frameskip
- Clocks are set at their maximum speed and won’t be lowerable from the app or other plugins. rinCheat didn’t have this feature.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements (Eg. Now if you change the encoder quality during streaming, it will be really changed differently to rinCheat were you had to restart the game and the stream).
Download and run Vita2PC
You can Download Vita2PC from vitadb here.
How to use (from the dev)
Source: rinnegatamante on /talk