Adrenaline-6 released – Base game/activation no longer needed!
Adrenaline, one of the most popular pieces of software for the PSVita/PSTV, got updated so that everybody could use it! Thanks to Adrenaline-6, you can now use Adrenaline (a.k.a the infamous ePSP hack for HENkaku-enabled Vitas/PSTVs) even if you haven’t activated your device (or have a basegame).
This ePSP hack is one of the biggest reasons for which you should get a PSVita/PSTV running 3.60. It has the following features:
- PSP ISO/CSO support so you can virtually play all dumped PSP games. You can dump your own legally-owned games!
- PSX game support (via PSX2PSP) with sound support.
- Support for PSP plugins, even CXMB works!
- Ability to use ux0,ur0 and uma0 as the partition where your PSP files are located.
- Full XMB so you could get the authentic PSP experience.
- Homebrews that need 64MB of RAM (i.e ones that need a PSP Slim/2000+) are supported since unlike with other ePSP hacks, with Adrenaline, 64MB is allocated to the PSP emulator.
- Now, you don’t even need activation or a base game to use it.
- Many other features including save states and screen filters.
What got updated/changed in Adrenaline-6?
This is what got updated/changed in Adrenaline-6:
- To use Adrenaline, you don’t need an activated PSTV/Vita and a base game! This means that you could use Adrenaline on virtually any PSVita/PSTV on FW 3.60.
- Uma0 can now be used as the partition where your PSP files are located (Memory stick location becomes uma0:/pspemu). imc0: can now also be used.
- Support for longer ISO file names got added.
- Some bugs were fixed and the core was updated.
- You get a bubble for Adrenaline with a custom theme when you install it.
- The installation process got changed and now you must install a VPK to install/update Adrenaline. The Network Update function doesn’t work when trying to update from Adrenaline-5.1 so you must install Adrenaline-6 manually. The 6.61 PBP gets downloaded from the new installer so you need to be connected to the internet to install Adrenaline-6.
There are two important release notes to read before installing:
- Add “ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx” to the *KERNEL section of taiHEN’s config.txt and reboot your device. It’s recommended you do this since Adrenaline-6’s installer didn’t want to open after downloading the PSP firmware 6.61 file for me before adding this line. I also removed the line that pointed to adrenaline.skprx from the config.txt file to avoid any conflicts.
- If you had Adrenaline already installed, it is advised you remove or rename “ux0:adrenaline” to avoid any conflicts.
- (Extra) Save states from older versions can no longer be used so make sure you do a proper save before updating Adrenaline.
After reading the release notes above, you can download and install the VPK from the link below. If you have any issues report them to “TheFlow” on GitHub/Twitter in a civil manner.
Adrenaline-6 download link (+ changelog): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
Adrenaline Readme (release notes included, check before reporting any issues): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/blob/master/readme.md
Link to donate to “TheFlow” for his great work (DIRECTLY COPIED FROM HIS TWITTER PAGE/ WOLOLO DOESN’T BENEFIT IN *ANY* WAY FROM THIS. I personally believe that “TheFlow” deserves some donations for his work but remember, Adrenaline is free and open-source software so you shouldn’t feel forced to donate!): https://t.co/tZIXilWvoD
TheFlow’s Twitter announcement: https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/904734513535778818
Adrenaline-6 got an update which fixed CSO game crashing: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/tag/v6_fix