App Manager Plus version 3 released – Easily move apps between ux0/ur0/uma0
With the advent of new storage solutions for the PSVita/PSTV such as SD2Vita (or Yifan Lu’s miniPCIe to microSD adapter) and external USB storage, a utility to move games/homebrew to different paritions is something that the Vita needed. Thanks to team ONElua, an application manager for managing applications on different paritions has been released!
What’s App Manager Plus?
App Manager Plus is a multi-purpose homebrew utility which does a whole array of operations, such as:
- Let you move your homebrew/games to different paritions. You can transfer them to ur0 (internal storage),ux0(Vita memory card by default) and uma0(USB storage, SD2Vita or Vita memory card depending on your setup). Ur0 can also be used on the PSVita FAT even though Sony doesn’t let you use the 2.5GB of internal storage. Some people have voiced concern over using ur0 for application/homebrew storage on the PSVita FAT since Sony didn’t intend for it to be used that way but I had no issues with it during my testing.
- A file manager that bundles a picture viewer and music player.
- FTP server functionality within the file manager.
- A custom theme installer.
- Many other features.
As you can see, this homebrew is sort of a Swiss army knife for the Vita so I personally recommend you try it out since something ought to appeal to you.
What’s changed/been updated in App Manager Plus version 3?
The following has been changed in version 3:
- You can move games/apps to and fro from/to ur0/ux0/uma0. Read the note below about moving games.
- Video export functionality got added
- Restart, turn off and re-open App Manager Plus options got added to the options section of the file manager
- Some changes to where options are found were made
- Lots of bug fixes
- The updater got fixed (version 3.0.1)
To install this utility, simply get the VPK from the link below and install it via VitaShell after copying the file to your Vita via USB/FTP. This homebrew isn’t available on VHBB (VitaDB) so make sure you get it from a safe link such as the one below since it needs unsafe permissions to work.
App Manager Plus 3.0.1 download link: https://github.com/ONElua/AppManager-Plus/releases/tag/3.01
More information on it: https://github.com/ONElua/AppManager-Plus
I have tested out the utility by moving GNU Robbo (a homebrew game port) to both uma0 and ur0 on a PSVita Fat. I have also moved Age of Zombies, an official PSVita game to uma0/ur0 and it worked but the save data got lost; however, after moving it back to ux0, the save data reappeared. Importing and exporting save data via Vita Save Manager didn’t work either. Hopefully the issue gets fixed as it’s a bit of a deal breaker in my opinion :/