DSMotion for the PSTV updated to version 1.2 – Bug Fixes, accuracy improvements and updated compatibility list
DSMotion for the PSTV got quite a good response since a decent amount of people on both Reddit and Wololo have taken interest in it and tested some games. The developer, OperationNT, has now come up with more fixes to make this plugin even better to shorten the list of Vita games incompatible with the PSTV due to hardware limitations!
What’s DSMotion and what got updated?
DSMotion is a plugin developed by “OperationNT” of Wololo /talk forums that allows the PSTV to read motion readings (gyro/accelerometer) from your Dualshock 3/4. This plugin is meant to make games that require motion control playable and/or fully functional on the PSTV since it corrects Sony’s ‘oversight’ of not creating a driver for the PSTV to read motion data from the DS3/4.
Currently, these games have been tested:
- WipeOut 2048 – Motion commands option can now be used.
- Welcome Park – The skate board game can now be played.
- Tearaway – You can get past the introduction section in which it asks you to shake your PS Vita.
- Flower – The game is now playable.
- Uncharted Golden Abyss – River game at chapter 12 and some other balance mini-games can now be completed thanks to the plugin.
- Gravity Rush – No gravity mode got some functionality.
- Virtua Tennis 4 – Match VR mode got some functionality
- Rayman Legends – Murfy may now perform actions that require motion control.
Version 1.1 and 1.2 brought along the following:
- A useless hook on “sceMotionGetBasicOrientation” was removed to reduce unnecessary code. (version 1.1)
- Some vertical inversion issues were fixed. (version 1.1)
- Some improvements on the DS3/DS4 orientation computations were introduced for more accurate movement. (version 1.2)
- Some more limitations were discovered.
As you can see, there’s quite a large list of games that are compatible with this plugin so you should certainly grab it if you plan to try out any of these games!
Make sure you consult the limitations section linked to at the bottom of this article before you use this plugin so that you know what to expect! It also seems that the plugin works on official games so you needn’t dump your games.
How do I install it?
Installation is pretty straightforward if you follow these steps:
- Copy dsmotion.skprx and dsmotion.suprx to your PSVita
- Open your taiHEN config.txt file
- Add your “.skprx” plugin to the *KERNEL section of the file
- Add your “.suprx” plugin to the *????? section of the file (????? denotes the TITLEID of the game/homebrew you want to use it with – PCSF00007 is the TITLEID for WipeOut 2048 for example)
- Reload your taiHEN config.txt file via Molecular Shell although I would recommend a reboot to be on the safe side.
Should you have any issues, report them to “OperationNT” on Wololo /talk forums or GitHub. You should also test any other games that need motion control to broaden the compatibility list.
DSMotion version 1.2 download link: https://github.com/OperationNT414C/DSMotion/releases/tag/1.2
DSMotion readme (limitations included): https://github.com/OperationNT414C/DSMotion
Wololo /talk thread (you could report your issues/experiences there): http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48407