Release: PS4 Remote Play PC Offline patch

1. jesse says:

Comin’ at ya first.

2. Schlord says:

Damn… I was close to 1st.
    One day maybe.

Cool patch… Hope to see it work /last long time.

3. TheTechDoc says:

How the heck does remote playback work offline?? It streams through internet does it not ?? How the heck does it connect otherwise?

• MarSprite says:

Optimally, remote play is done via home networking. Usually home networking provides a much larger data pipeline, and it always provides a much faster ping time – Barring any strange issues.

• sj33 says:

A common misconception. It stream over local network. I don’t think it even work over the internet.

• MarSprite says:

It does work over the internet. I’ve done it for testing purposes, and I used to have a friend who remote played from work.

• PlaGeRaN says:

when remote play is enabled, your ps4 broadcast an encrypted signal.
      Didn’t know that till I had my laptop infront of me.

Same thing applies when you connect via Vita: vita can connect directly to the ps4 without any internet connection.

Just not sure how far away you can be from the device tho

4. Mike says:

No linux support though…

5. warfaren says:

Great stuff, love it! Now, all we need is a proper PS4 hack so we can associate a PSN account and pair the devices for the first time without an internet connection (my PS4 still can’t do that as I’m keeping it on a low firmware)

6. PlaGeRaN says:

v2 “requires” ps4 to be on v4.50 or later.

so much for that idea unless someone has an older version??

7. Mono says:

A patch that would make Xbox controllers work in Remote Play app would be great.

8. mirko8054 says: