DSMotion released – Motion controls for your PSTV with your DS3/DS4
For some reason, Sony didn’t want PSTV owners to play all Vita games they owned so they didn’t bother doing workarounds for certain PSVita-only features (camera, gyroscope, accelerometer etc). Thanks to DSMotion, you can now use your DS3/DS4 to play games that require some degree of motion control such as shaking.
DSMotion is a plugin by “OperationNT” that enables the PSTV to read gyroscope/accelerometer values from the DS3/DS4. Thanks to this plugin, you can play Vita games (or at least have more functionality in them) that require gyroscope/accelerometer functions such as shaking the Vita and so on.
The plugin has the following limitations that you must take into consideration before reporting any issues:
- It only works with DUMPED games. This doesn’t mean you have to be a pirate, you can just dump your games via MaiDump Tool.
- DS3 controllers must not be used via USB for this plugin to work. Therefore, you should use DS3 controllers via Bluetooth and use a USB charger if you need to charge up your controller.
- You should also read the readme file on GitHub which is linked below to avoid reporting any known problems.
- Make sure your DS3/DS4 are original and not counterfeit before reporting any issues regarding this plugin. Some fake DS3/DS4s may connect properly when used wirelessly but they might not have an acceleromter/gyroscope.
The creator of the plugin has tested Tearaway (PCSF00214) with the plugin and parts that require shaking the Vita now work by shaking the controller.
Installation and Conclusion
To install the plugin, you must do the following:
- Download both the skprx and suprx plugins from the link below. SKPRX stands for kernel plugins and SUPRX stands for userland plugins.
- Add “ux0:tai/dsmotion.skprx” (or wherever you put the file) to the *KERNEL section of taiHEN’s config.txt
- Add “ux0:tai/dsmotion.suprx” (or wherever you put the file) to the *????? section of taiHEN’s config.txt. ????? stands for the TitleID of your PSVita game, look for it in ux0:app.
- Reboot your PSTV and enjoy!
If you have any issues, contact “OperationNT” (a.k.a the guy that’s seemingly trying to make all Vita games playable on the PSTV since he also released FakeCamera for the PSTV) on Wololo /talk forums or on GitHub.
DSMotion download page (+ installation instructions): https://github.com/OperationNT414C/DSMotion/releases/tag/1.0
The readme file that you should totally read: https://github.com/OperationNT414C/DSMotion
Wololo /talk post: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48407
DS = DualShock