DSMotion released – Motion controls for your PSTV with your DS3/DS4

Aurora

1. pez2k says:

Good to see the community expanding the playable library on the PSTV – it’s getting the love that Sony never seemed to bother with.

2. BujoO says:

if the vita/TV community can do this supports.. why can’t SONY did?.. or they just abandoned the device -.-

• nightwishfan1 says:

They pretty much did as you said. Abandoned the device. As for why they didn’t add this support……They claimed difficulty in adding most vita functions to a device that doesn’t have all of the vita hardware. Although those are completely capable of being worked around as hackers are showing.

The only thing I can’t wait for is when most plugins are optimized for retail games as well as dumps. It’s do-able. Just depends on the work ethic of the plugin developer.

3. qwerqwer says:

The DS3 has an accelerator?

4. PSTV-wood-sporter says:

Ooooohhhhhhh yyyeeeaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!1

5. TheTechDoc says:

amazing just how much the community has to do to fix what sony just pushed aside, I have pirated every sony made and published game on vita that I want cus *** them they do not deserve money on a platform they abandoned and left for dead,

I love the vita community, keen to see what comes in the future.

6. Demian says:

This is great.
    But, isn’t more convenient to make the Vita do this all? What I mean is that if connecting a DS3/DS4 is doable, why hasn’t been doable with the Vita itself? It has Bluetooth connection too. And many PSTV users also have a Vita.
    I would buy a PSTV if the Vita was able to be used as input for it. That’ll be great.

• G4nz says:

For Sony Vita is nothing more than a PS4 Addon, and PSTV is nothing more than a TV streaming box. They just don’t care about anything else

• Demian says:

I wasn’t talking about that lame brand owner. But, about those great plugin devs out there. They can do things that lame brand owner can’t and/or don’t want/care to do as they only think on their income.

7. Diogo Pedroso says:

Does this work on the normal PsVita 1000? , my giroscope is not working sooooo maybe here is some hope for me

• OperationNT says:

A limitation I put on my github wasn’t reported on this article:
      “It doesn’t work well on classic PS Vita with “ds4vita”: for an unknown reason, motion control samples seems to be too much spaced over time.”
      So you can try, you will get “some” results…

• neoman4426 says:

There are plugins for connecting certain Bluetooth controllers on the handheld Vitas, try one of those out in conjunction with this, worst case scenario it doesn’t work, you’ve wasted a few minutes of your time, and can put in a feature request. Best case, it just works

8. warfaren says:

This is incredible. Thank you so much!!

9. Icedcream says:

Exciting times! Things are moving forward quickly!

10. NickWiss says:

Pan has been hacked

11. Sony didn’t want PSTV owners to play all Vita games they owned so they didn’t bother doing workarounds for certain PSVita-only features

12. ludo king says:

Thanks for this Informative and valuable article