Mod released to let you use Adrenaline with uma0: for the PSVita/PSTV
Adrenaline is one of the most popular hacks that’s available for the PSVita so obviously someone would decide to add some extra feature. This time around, PSX-Place user and developer “
What does uma0 support mean?
uma0 support in Adrenaline, the popular ePSP hack for HENkaku systems, could be useful in various situations such as:
- If you have your SD2Vita mounted as uma0, you can use your microSD card for PSP stuff and your Vita memory card for Vita stuff. Obviously, this can also work the other way round (SD2Vita mounted as ux0 and Vita memory card mounted as uma0).
- It’s also useful if you have a PSTV with which you use a pendrive/external HDD since you could use the Vita memory card for something useful if you have that mounted as uma0.
The main advantage of this mod is that you’ll be able to use that extra storage that you got either via SD2Vita or a pendrive/external hard drive.
I have personally tried a PSX game (Klonoa: Door to Phantomile) and a PSP homebrew called Basilisk II; both of which work just fine on my microSD card which is mounted as uma0. I’ve not noticed any difference in loading times either.
How do I install it then?
To install it, you must do the following:
- Download the “Adrenaline-EN.zip” file from the link below.
- Extract it on your computer/mobile device.
- Copy the files of the archive over to ux0:/adrenaline (or where you told taiHEN to look for the adrenaline skprx/suprx files in config.txt). Backup the files that you are replacing. (The files are adrenaline.skprx, adrenaline.suprx and usbdevice.skprx)
- Reboot your device for the changes to take effect (it may work if you reload config.txt via MolecularShell but I recommend a reboot to avoid any conflicts).
- Change the memory stick location to “uma0:pspemu” in Adrenaline’s menu. Switching the memory stick location happens immediately so that means that you don’t need to re-open Adrenaline.
- You’re done! You can now remove some files from ux0:pspemu to save space. DON’T DELETE YOUR BASE GAME AND I’D SUGGEST YOU LEAVE THE REST OF THE FILES INTACT. JUST REMOVE YOUR GAMES/HOMEBREW FROM UX0 SO THAT YOU COULD EASILY USE ADRENALINE AGAIN FROM UX0 IF YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE STORAGE MEDIUM YOU USE AS UMA0.
This modification is possible because the source code of Adrenaline is open-source and “
Release thread (+ download link at the bottom of the post itself): http://www.psx-place.com/threads/adrenaline-last-source-and-uma0-support.14468/