What should you know before HENkaku Ensō lands!
HENkaku Ensō, by Team Molecule, should land today or tomorrow depending on the country you live in. You’ll probably be too hyped up to read anything after it’s out so this article serves the purpose of getting you up to speed with what HENkaku Ensō does or doesn’t do before it lands.
What is HENkaku Ensō?
HENkaku Ensō is like an untethered jailbreak for your PSVita. This means that you don’t have to reapply taiHEN/HENkaku every time you reboot your PSVita. This is very useful for HENkaku users as it saves you time from installing the hack every time you boot up your Vita and it also means that you can use your PSVita’s homebrew straight away when you boot it up. This will make HENkaku/taiHEN like a real CFW that we used to see in the PSP days. You will also be able to use your microSD from an SD2Vita adapter at boot time apparently. HENkaku Ensō should work on the Vita FAT, Vita Slim and the PSTV.
Installing HENkaku Ensō will probably require you to install a VPK that installs the installer itself. The installer will probably guide you itself so it shouldn’t be too hard for you to install. Simply make sure the VPK is from a trusted source and that it’s the PROPER version not an older version if you get it from another website since older versions were much more unstable and could even brick your console. The build date should be somewhere around July 29th 2017 (maybe July 28th).
The release time will probably be based on PDT so if you’re in Europe, it’ll land in the morning of July 30th; if you’re further East, it’ll land towards midday of July 30th. If you’re concerned about HENkaku Ensō damaging your system, wait a little while (a few hours) before installing it to see if any problems crop up for other users.
What HENkaku Ensō is not?
Many PSVita community members have asked various questions about HENkaku Ensō so these are the answers to some so that nobody asks any silly questions when the software lands.
- HENkaku Ensō ONLY works on PSVita firmware 3.60. It doesn’t work with firmware 3.61 or higher; if you have an older firmware, update to firmware 3.60 via various different methods.
- It will not let you play games meant for a higher firmware either!
- You also won’t be able to play dumped games for higher firmware versions so forget about that.
- PSN spoofing won’t be affected by HENkaku Ensō.
- Unless someone creates something else, you won’t be able to run any other OS (like Android – which probably will never be ported to Vita as it’s not worthit) or a higher version of OFW on your PSVita with HENkaku Ensō installed.
- HENkaku Ensō will probably not be bug-free from the get go so wait some time if you’re really scared about losing even a bit of data
- HENkaku Ensō won’t give your PSVita superpowers!
That is it! Now, all you have to do is wait a little while for HENkaku Ensō to launch and pray that there aren’t any major issues. You can also follow Yifan Lu on Twitter to get the latest updates.
HENkaku Ensō page: https://enso.henkaku.xyz/
Yifan Lu’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/yifanlu