mGBA 0.6.0 released for the PSVita and other devices
Emulation is one of the highlights of the PSVita and emulator updates are always welcome. This time around, mGBA, one of the best, if not the best, GBA emulators, has been updated to version 0.6.0.
mGBA is an emulator that’s available on multiple systems which emulates the GBA and the GB and GBC since version 0.5. There are various systems that support mGBA and these are:
- Windows, Macintosh and Linux PCs
- The PSVita
- The Wii
- The Nintendo 3DS
The folks over at mGBA are also developing medusa which is a Nintendo DS emulator which is currently in alpha 2 stage and is available for Windows and Macintosh systems.
What’s been updated/changed in mGBA 0.6.0?
The following is what’s been updated/added in mGBA 0.6.0:
- A library view has been added
- Translations to Italian, Spanish and German have been added for QT GUI ports (computer ports)
- Various debugging features
- Last directory loaded is now saved on the PSVita, Wii and 3DS. That means that if you opened a ROM from ux0:data/mGBA/GBA ROMs. you’ll be in that directory again when you re-open the emulator
- Various bug fixes to give you a better experience
I can’t seem to enable the library view on the PSVita so I’m assuming that it’s for the PC versions of the emulator. It is recommended you update to the latest version as it could fix any issues you may have with your games. Make sure to check the full changelog to get a more indepth recollection of what’s been changed.
How do I get it?
To get it for your PSVita, you need to do the following:
- Download the VPK from the link below
- Copy it to your Vita via FTP/USB
- Install it via VitaShell (it doesn’t require extended/unsafe permissions)
That’s it! You may now emulate GB/C/A games on your Vita without much of any issues. Remember, this is a safe homebrew so you can only access ux0:data
Full changelog: https://mgba.io/2017/07/16/mgba-0.6.0/