microSD to game card adapater becoming a reality thanks to a Reddit member!
It came true! Xyz’s of Team Molecule (not Yifan’s!) microSD to game card adapter will be produced by someone on Reddit! This is awesome news for all PSVita owners and something to look forward to when it lands!
What’s exactly going to happen?
Reddit member “moredrugsmore3somes” (who should’ve picked a more appropriate name :p) has decided to take matters into his own hands and create some microSD to game card adapters for us all. Initially, he was going to do 50 microSD to game card adapters but after the /r/vitahacks went crazy on his Reddit thread, he decided to do an extra hundred. That means that 150 adapters will eventually be up for grabs on eBay.
The nice chap is even going to do international shipping for us all, which won’t be free, so people from all over can get one if they’re *fast* enough. “moredrugsmore3somes” has already ordered the materials needed from China and will assemble the adapters himself so it will be about 3-4 weeks till these boards go on sale. The adapters should cost $10 but don’t take that as the final amount although I personally think that even $20 would be worth it!
More details about the adapter
The Reddit member has been kind enough to answer my questions so here they are.
- Q:”Is this going to be connected via the game card slot?” (Question was asked for clarification)
- A:”It is connected to the game card slot as they both use the same connections. The game cards are literally just proprietary SD cards.”
- Q:”Will the Vita memory card be usable if you have this connected? Will it mount to ux0 or gma0 (or whatever the game card patition is called)?”
- A:”From what I can tell (I have nothing to do with the coding of the software that makes these adapters work) it mounts the game card at ux0: and I am unsure if the vita memory card still works after it is mounted.”
- He also stated that game cards will also be usable as normal once you unmount and disconnect the adapter
Remember that this work is not from a single person so one can’t get all the credit. Keep your eyes peeled for this amazing adapter assembled from “moredrugsmore3somes”. If you have any questions ask the relevant person from the list below:
Designer of the adapter itself: xyz of Team Molecule. pomfpomfpomf3 of Reddit
Software patches (and presumably the way the microSD card is mounted): motoharu
Person who decided to take matters into his own hands and do the adapters for us to enjoy: Reddit user “moredrugsmore3somes”
Good luck at getting an adapter!
Video that set the ball rolling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QBZkWU104