vitaQuakeII – PS Vita Port by Rinnegatamante
What is VITA Quake?
vitaQuakeII is a port of the famous first-person shooter video game, Quake II. According to Rinnegatamante, vitaQuakeII includes a few device specific features such as vibration and an internal render rescaler. It also supports both analogs sticks for a better user experience, online and local multiplayer with featured servers, soundtracks support, sounds support and a bunch of other things! Have a look at the feature list below.
- Native 960×544 resolution!
- Internal render rescaler
- Sound and Soundtrack support
- Support for shareware and full versions of Quake
- Native support to both PSVITA analogs
- Unique features like dualshock rumbling, fps counter, …
- Variable camera sensibility for right analog in option menu
- Multiplayer with support for both locale and online games with featured online servers
- Left Analog = Move player
- DPad UP = Use item
- DPad Left/Right = Select item
- DPAD Down = Drop item
- Right Analog = Move camera
- X = Jump
- O = Crouch
- R Trigger / Square = Shoot
- Triangle = Change Weapon
- L Trigger = Run
- Select = Show Mission (Single-player) / Scores (Multiplayer)
Step 1. Simply place the quake2 folder into ux0:/data/
Step 2. Install the VPK.
Step 3. Have fun 😀
You can download vitaQuakeII from VITA-DB, here. Feel free to leave some feedback to do the developer in our forums. (Just a reminder, you may also use TheFloW’s download enabler plugin to download this straight from your VITA itself!)